Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2005 base Silverstone 350z about 3 days ago from Baker-Jackson in Houston. My Salesperson said it would be a really good idea to purchase extended warranty, so i did. I Purchased the GOLD pkg. 7years and i think 70000 miles. After the purchase i realized that bodykits and aftermakret stuff would not be covered. So i decided to give them a call. They told me that only bodykits installed by Nissan will be covered by the warranty, but then again not all of them. I Just need some help on which bodykits / aftermarket stuff would be covered by my warranty?

In the meantime i will definately upload some pictures of my Z, as soon as i purchase a digi cam.

Thanks,
Rohan

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
what warranty do you mean? i dont think nissan really warranties body damage so a body kit will not void your warranty..

body kits have nothing to do with the engine/electrical system/etc..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

The lady who sold me the warranty said its bumper to bumper warranty. i spent about $1800 for it. she said if there is any kind of damage including paint , rock chips, to bring it over 2 them and they will get it fixed. thats why i called to find out. and she said that adding any body kit besides nismo, Nissan would have to take a look at it and if its ok, they would have to install it. I dont know how much of this is bullsh"t but im telling you exactly what she told me. This is my first car ever. I am really new to all this. So please let me know is this is true or not.....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
A body kit will not void any warranty.. I know people have been complaining about rock chips since the first 350z was sold a few years ago. This is the first thing I have hear regarding any dealer willing to fix body work ?

Obviously they want you to buy Nismo because they will get even more money from you.

I would try and talk to people in your area and see what the deal is on that dealership.. Something doesnt sound right.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Basically, if a part you install gets damaged, they won't fix it for free. And if you installing the part damages something else, they won't fix it for free.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

yea, i will def. look into this..... my warranty is $0 deductible, so im guessing i dont have to pay for any kind of damage, etc. thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this website is really alot of help, reading the forums and stuff. yall keep up the good job:)

·
Registered
598 Posts
sound like bs, and rock chips you say? if that was the case i would have had my car painted about 57 times by now. do yourself a favor and read over your warranty info.
mdzowner

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the 7-year/100k mile warranty and it does not cover body damage or paint chips. I wish!

Get whatever body kit you want....it won't void your warranty at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts