Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
You positioned your post as if only republicans call names. So I had to deconstruct that assertion.

The picture illustrates that both sides call each other names.
Yes and your are also proving my point from previous post about Republicans changing the subject when they cannot make a valid argument.
Yes not only Republicans call people names when faced with a rational argument. Dirty hippy communist do to. Thats for the comparison? I like your "counter point" this time!

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have no idea who he is. He has no chance of winning the nomination. I can't possibly know everything about all 10 candidates. The ones I feel have an actual chance are the ones who I concentrate on and their positions.
So the one that came out on top (directly from public opinion) at the Republican debate has no chance of winning? Interesting how that works.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
So the one that came out on top (directly from public opinion) at the Republican debate has no chance of winning? Interesting how that works.
My guess is that they were just going by the seat of their pants at the moment. An unscientific poll really doesnt mean much when taking into account the primary system. That is where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

Their analysis is a load of crap and meaningless... You can't really form any kind of opinion w/o taking into account a real poll taked after the debate... then factoring in all the variables primary by primary.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
He has no chance of winning in my opinion......I could go down the list and tell you in my opinion who I feel has a chance and who does not. For instance, John McCain has absolutely no chance of winning in my opinion, the nomination....however, I'd say he has a better shot than Ru Paul......

N

·
0 Posts
I have no idea who he is. He has no chance of winning the nomination. I can't possibly know everything about all 10 candidates. The ones I feel have an actual chance are the ones who I concentrate on and their positions.

You mean to tell me you know every position and opinion of the "dentist"?

:lmfao: :lmfao:

wait wait

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Im still laughing

N

·
0 Posts
Dido head. You should really know this, you sound and act like them.
Robin........you should know what a DIDO is.......LOL

Matt are you making these words up as you go along? DIDO :lmfao: :lmfao:

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
He has no chance of winning in my opinion......I could go down the list and tell you in my opinion who I feel has a chance and who does not. For instance, John McCain has absolutely no chance of winning in my opinion, the nomination....however, I'd say he has a better shot than Ru Paul......

I agree.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes and your are also proving my point from previous post about Republicans changing the subject when they cannot make a valid argument.
Yes not only Republicans call people names when faced with a rational argument. Dirty hippy communist do to.
:poke:

"Dirty hippy communist"? So you're a Republican name-caller right?

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
WASHINGTON — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, dubbed "America's mayor" for his post-9/11 efforts, appears to be America's choice for president in 2008.

"The top Democrats, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama and Vice President Al Gore, a non-candidate, all get the same 40 or 41 percent against 'America's mayor,' Rudolph Giuliani," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

Giuliani was favored 49-40 over Clinton, led Gore 48-41 and edged Obama 44-41 percent in the latest national survey conducted by the Quinnipiac Poll.

http://The news was not all cheerful for Giuliani. Although he remains the top dog among Republican contenders, his lead has slipped. In February, he was the top choice of 40 percent of Republicans but now only 27 percent favor him.

In the latest poll, Arizona Sen. John McCain was the favorite of 19 percent of Republicans and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson — a late entry into the presidential contest — was backed by 14 percent.

On the Democratic side, Clinton was the top pick of 32 percent — down from 38 percent in February. Obama was favored by 18 percent, Gore 14 percent and 12 percent for former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards. Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd was favored by 1 percent.

On Obama, 34 percent said they hadn't heard enough about him to make a decision — presumably those undecided were the same ones who were clueless about his race.

Although 45 percent correctly identified him as black, 2 percent thought he was white and 37 percent admitted they didn't know. (Another 16 percent said he was mixed race and 2 percent refused to answer.)

Among those surveyed, 57 percent said the Iraq war is the biggest issue facing the nation, far surpassing the second-most cited issue, the economy, which garnered 8 percent.

The nation appears divided largely along partisan lines on the war:

l 76 percent of Republicans think going to war with Iraq was the right thing to do, while 87 percent of Democrats believe it was the wrong thing to do.

l 93 percent of Democrats disapprove of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq while 68 percent of Republicans approve.

l 74 percent of Democrats support Congress setting a timetable for withdrawing all U.S. troops from Iraq while 72 percent of Republicans are opposed. l 80 percent of Republicans feel the war is not lost while 65 percent of Democrats believe it is.

The poll of 1,166 Americans was conducted from April 25 through May 1 and has a margin of error of 3 percent. It included 469 Republicans and 499 Democrats. The separate queries had a margin of error of 4.5 percent.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I suppose since mr. Paul has little recognizeable support (as afr as I know) from big oil peeps, prescription drug peeps, gotta have a gun peeps, don't murder a fetus peeps, insurance peeps, better be in church every Sunday peeps, ban alternative life-stlye peeps or ANY peeps with deep pockets....the mass media figures -insert IMO disclaimer- this candidate will run out of money pretty quick, and be unable to defend his campaign from the slings and arrows that eventually befall front runners.

Ya gotta have peeps...with cash to exchange for favors if you want to contend for the big power spots.

Shame really...I'd like to have lots more choices on the ballot, but I suppose that 's not feasible. Maybe if everyone who was registered would take the time to become somewhat informed and actually vote for who they thought was going to do a good job ....nah, that won't happen either.

Props to Mr. Paul for coming out-of-the blue and to all of you who do mark an informed ballot. :salute:

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
I suppose since mr. Paul has little recognizeable support (as afr as I know) from big oil peeps, prescription drug peeps, gotta have a gun peeps, don't murder a fetus peeps, insurance peeps, better be in church every Sunday peeps, ban alternative life-stlye peeps or ANY peeps with deep pockets....the mass media figures -insert IMO disclaimer- this candidate will run out of money pretty quick, and be unable to defend his campaign from the slings and arrows that eventually befall front runners.

Ya gotta have peeps...with cash to exchange for favors if you want to contend for the big power spots.

Shame really...I'd like to have lots more choices on the ballot, but I suppose that 's not feasible. Maybe if everyone who was registered would take the time to become somewhat informed and actually vote for who they thought was going to do a good job ....nah, that won't happen either.

Props to Mr. Paul for coming out-of-the blue and to all of you who do mark an informed ballot. :salute:
All right Mr. grammar since you are so critical of me. First of that's far not afr.
Peeps is not a real word.
Should be got to, not gotto.
Recognizable is spelled wrong.
You should have used whom instead of who.
Mr. should have been capitalized.

I often don’t use the spell check either, because I type fast and tend to just forget.
But if you are going to be the grammar police you should at least check yourself!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
All right Mr. grammar since you are so critical of me. First of that's far not afr.
Peeps is not a real word.
Should be got to, not gotto.
Recognizable is spelled wrong.
You should have used whom instead of who.
Mr. should have been capitalized.

I often don’t use the spell check either, because I type fast and tend to just forget.
But if you are going to be the grammar police you should at least check yourself!
Aw come on...peeps is a word. Look it up. :)

21 - 40 of 71 Posts