Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my Z intoday to get it looked at the front tries on the inside are bald and its burning oil. find out they cant explain why its buring oil and since i do my own oil changes i have no documents on when the oil is changed so they are going to let me fill it up with oil and bring it back in 1000 miles no big deal, now the tires they say the aliment must but out of whack (duh) and that my tires are not covered because of lack of service. why in the year i had the car would i get my aliment checked other than a problem, how is this lack of proper care. got to love the dealer and they want to charge me 300 dollers a tire, and they cant fix the problem untill i get new tires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If the Z is a 2003 or 2004 and has been in service less than 36 months Nissan has extended the alignment and tire warranty to 36 months and unlimited mileage.
Suggest you "dealer shop" IE find a better dealer, one who wants to give good service.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You can trust drug dealers more than car dealers.....plus, their prices are better.

There's a proration formula applied to tire wear in the TSB, or used to be...

Don't feel bad I got hit $400 for my tires...could've gotten them at tire rack for less!

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I believe I got a notice from Nissan saying the warranty was extended to 72k miles for the tire issue.. or maybe it was 60,000 miles. I saved the notice somewhere I will have to check when I get home but they should cover all alignment/tire feathering issues at no charge.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Here is the link *click here* to the TSB/warranty extension that jwm mentioned. You can find all the TSB's in the service section of the "tech guide" that you can get to from the links at the top of the page....

You should be covered on this, b/c what does oil changes have to do w/ tires and alignment and feathering? Print out all the pages and take it to the dealership, or like jwm suggested, go to a different dealer.

You SHOULD, just for record, keep a journal of your oil changes and your receipts for oil/filter as record to turn into the dealer in these circumstances. I was told that if I was not going to the dealer for oil changes to do this. I keep my receipts of when I get the oil changed at the shop across the street.

And also, you should get an alignment at least once a year as a suggestion just to keep your Z in good order! :)

Here is the letter that owners received in reference to the warranty extension :)

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is later letter which supersedes the TSB.

I received a copy about two months ago - All dealers have received notice of this.

It extends the Alignment warranty to 36 months from purchase date with unlimited mileage.

It also pro rates replacement cost based upon tread depth not mileage.

I have scanned my copy- but it is too large and I cannot get it to upload.

If anyone wants the scanned copies I will be happy to e-mail it to them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts