Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
My name's Brian, and i'm highly considering buying a 350z come spring.
I'd like to turbo it immediatley, though many say "Oh don't do it, it's a stupid move if you haven't built your engine yet."
I only plan on running a max of 8ish PSI, which the engine ought to be able to handle... and then when winter comes around again, when we have downtime once more, I've no worries of it being "off the road" because she's being built.

I, as you must've gained by now, have not purchased a Z yet, and am doing as much research as I can on them right now... I currently drive a Acura Integra GSR.. not a lotta stuff done to it... upgraded clutch, lightweight flywheel, and a short shifter.. I had planned on building the teg up, but decided I'd like to start with something that has a little more base horse power, and the displacement doesn't hurt either. :biggrin:

I've been trolling the threads a little, and this seems like a place I could learn a lot from, so hopefully i'll prove myself right, and find some decent enthusiast who can point me in the right directions....

though i'll post the questions I currently have in their appropriate sections when I get home (I'm at work right now.)
the few I have would be:
¤ how many of you think 8psi is safe on stock internals? I know the ins and outs of forced induction when it comes to a b18c1 (gsr motor) but engines differ, etc etc.
¤ of the important parts, the more trusted brands must differ for nissans over honda/acura, right? JE still = Pistons, what about headers, rods, shafts etc?
¤ what would be the best gameplan for building a Z the way she oughtta be?
¤ What should I expect as far as insurance payments go on an '03 Touring? (I'm 20, and have never had a speeding ticket.)

Annnnnyways, i'm gonna shut the **** up now...
I love car talk of any kind at any time, so feel free to hit me up on AIM whenever you'd like!
xIDIOT3QU3x = work/laptop screen name.
GeistSR = Home screen name.

Thanks in advance for reading this stuff!

:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome to Tech, lots of answers for your questions in the archives, but I am sure people don't mind discussing it again. Also check the Wiki page as there is alot of good info there.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Hello there,
My name's Brian, and i'm highly considering buying a 350z come spring.
I'd like to turbo it immediatley, though many say "Oh don't do it, it's a stupid move if you haven't built your engine yet."
I only plan on running a max of 8ish PSI, which the engine ought to be able to handle... and then when winter comes around again, when we have downtime once more, I've no worries of it being "off the road" because she's being built.
Oh don't do it, it's a stupid move if you haven't built your engine yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jk: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Welcome to tech, and you have found the right place.

I am sure some of the FI gurus will chime in here, you might want to peruse the forced induction forum to get more info on your questions! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Welcome!

There is a lot of good info in the forced induction section of this site. Make yourself comfortable and have plenty to drink.

And don't listen to Chris. 03's are the best. :irock:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree 03's are the best.

¤ What should I expect as far as insurance payments go on an '03 Touring? (I'm 20, and have never had a speeding ticket.)

I am 22 and I pay $160 a month, less than my subaru. Are you from Indiana? Just wondering because of the whole Geist thing, geist is a place just outside of indianapolis.

·
Registered
798 Posts
though i'll post the questions I currently have in their appropriate sections when I get home (I'm at work right now.)
the few I have would be:
¤ how many of you think 8psi is safe on stock internals? I know the ins and outs of forced induction when it comes to a b18c1 (gsr motor) but engines differ, etc etc.
¤ of the important parts, the more trusted brands must differ for nissans over honda/acura, right? JE still = Pistons, what about headers, rods, shafts etc?
¤ what would be the best gameplan for building a Z the way she oughtta be?

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! I think most of the vendors here are very well versed in answering these questions. They should be able to assist you with them. Especially with the fact that they are vendors. They might be able to tell you what exactly to purchase. Goodluck. and Happy driving :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah, wow, thank you for all the posts! I had temporarily forgotten about this forum thus far this weekend (holiday and what not, been busy.)

Thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks for the info...
I'm glad that the insurance doesn't sound like it'll be high..
I'm currently still living @ home and will probably have my stepfather signed as the primary driver of the car, which will make it even less.. hopefully right around what I pay for my GSR right now.

I'm not from Indiana, I'm from Maine.
Geist is German, it means Ghost... which is what everyone'll think I am, when they pull up next to me, and then I dissappear. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts