Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it that every single time i run into a 3.5 Altima, they wanna race, and wanna prove to the world that they are faster?

dont they know that the Z is a different league?!
has anyone run into such crap? :shoot2: :ahhh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think it's you! :lol: Nobody ever tries with me...maybe because I look like a sleeper.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
because the 3.5l altima is fast.. if the driver is slightly better they have a good chance at winning.

edit: it is the same engine (slightly less power) and the car is lighter

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The other day, I'm sitting at the stoplight, a couple of teenagers in a Jeep Cherokee pull up next to me in the left lane, and an STI w/ a teenager on my right.

All of a sudden, I hear a "Hey!... Hey!!... Hey!!!" you gonna race him (pointing to the STI), I say "no". So they start with the come on, come on, come on.

Finally I tell them "fine just for you" just to shut them up.

Light turns green and no one moves. I start moving like a granny and then the kid in the STI finally takes off racing all by himself.

I guess it flattering, but annoying at the same time.

Now when the UPS or FedEx man is trying to race you... that a complete different story. :F-you:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 20 2005, 01:05 PM
Thread moved.  But what else is new?  :rolf2:
[snapback]117957[/snapback]​

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Anyways, you can't really classify a group of car owners. The car is basically the same man. Honestly, the Altima has a very good chance with a few mods or a really good driver. Especially the SE-R's. The power/weight ratio is something to think about. I'm sure an Altima would give you a run for your money.

And sometimes people have to get back seats, even if they don't want to. When I had my accord, I would try to mess around with all sorts of awesome sports cars...just so I could see them perform. It's not a matter of winning or losing. It's for the adrenaline rush and the fun we get out of it :shiftdrive:

Lighten up on the 4 doors :lmfao:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 350zluvr@Jun 20 2005, 01:27 PM
The other day, I'm sitting at the stoplight, a couple of teenagers in a Jeep Cherokee pull up next to me in the left lane, and an STI w/ a teenager on my right.

All of a sudden, I hear a "Hey!... Hey!!... Hey!!!" you gonna race him (pointing to the STI), I say "no". So they start with the come on, come on, come on.

Finally I tell them "fine just for you" just to shut them up.

Light turns green and no one moves. I start moving like a granny and then the kid in the STI finally takes off racing all by himself.

I guess it flattering, but annoying at the same time.

Now when the UPS or FedEx man is trying to race you... that a complete different story. :F-you:
[snapback]117980[/snapback]​

yeah i got my ass wooped one time by US. MAIL delivery car....man he was fast. :lmfao:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy+Jun 20 2005, 12:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN
@Jun 20 2005, 01:05 PM

Anyways, you can't really classify a group of car owners.
[snapback]117983[/snapback]​

He's right. Its not fair to assume all Z-drivers are good looking, great in bed, drink like fish and have 11" wangs..

(Just most do..)

:rolf2:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Jun 20 2005, 03:34 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2005, 12:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN

Anyways, you can't really classify a group of car owners.

He's right. Its not fair to assume all Z-drivers are good looking, great in bed, drink like fish and have 11" wangs..

(Just most do..)

:rolf2:
[snapback]118134[/snapback]​

:werd: Good point. :yourock:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy+Jun 20 2005, 02:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN

Anyways, you can't really classify a group of car owners. The car is basically the same man. Honestly, the Altima has a very good chance with a few mods or a really good driver. Especially the SE-R's. The power/weight ratio is something to think about. I'm sure an Altima would give you a run for your money.

And sometimes people have to get back seats, even if they don't want to. When I had my accord, I would try to mess around with all sorts of awesome sports cars...just so I could see them perform. It's not a matter of winning or losing. It's for the adrenaline rush and the fun we get out of it :shiftdrive:

Lighten up on the 4 doors :lmfao:

+1 :werd:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I own a 3.5 Altima, and am saving for a Z...Altima is the "wife" car at this time. And I can attest that the **** thing scoots pretty good. I still wouldn't race a Z, but I've knocked out ....I mean, I have paced a few other vehicles :shiftdrive:

When I was on vacation last week in NC, some college chick in a 325i BMW tried me...I had my wife and her mom in the car...and a few corners later I was doing around 95...lets just say little Mrs. Bimmer lost her nerve at around 70 through the turn. Mom-in-law didn't seem to mind...hmmmm...love my family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts