Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about an hour ago, some lady in a brand new range rover ran a stop sign and smashed into my driver side quarter panel.
DAMAGE: Tire peeled, rim scratched up bad all around the lip (Rays engineering forged wheels( it's the track model)), rear brake on that side now squealing, allignment all f***ed up, rear bumper damaged.

I'VE ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!
and the stupid lady was actin' all sweet, and I felt like running her over with her own truck :punch: !!!!! and when the cops came to her first and asked what happened, she had the nerve to try to flip it;"First of all my neck hurts," she said. then she said, " I was driving across the intersection and this guy came flying about a hundred miles per hour and side-swiped the front of MY NEW TRUCK!!" Even though she was a rich thirty-something year old, and I'm only twenty, the cop didn't buy her story. especially when he learned that i just turned onto the street less than 50 ft. back, and i have a spotless driving record. the cop told her that regardless of how fast I was going, she had a stop sign and i didn't, so she was pretty much going to be at fault no matter what! the cop gave me all her info and the report and told me i was free to go and he was going to slap her with a failure to yield and she was at fault. people these days :doh: !! It's like you can't have anything. (BTW, i have the worst luck/track record when it comes to cars; and it has never been my fault!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when i was sixteen my sister smashed up my first car (1993 Lexus), my next car with major, major mods got stolen from my college campus at 1:00 p.m. broad daylight (1994 Honda Civic), and my car after that got raped at the shop it was getting well-over $12,000 worth of engine/suspension/tranny mods to (1994 integra GSR); NOW THIS!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sue the stupid bitch back into the Stone Age.
I think you may have a headache or a stiff back or something. Plus some emotional distress and mental anguish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorry to hear about that, seriously sue that biatch and get some major insurance money out of it. id love to be in your situation right now. My Z is so jacked up, id love to have someone hit me so i can claim insurance.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That's EXACTLY what happened to me!!!! A month after I got my car!

All you can do is wait it out. I hate to say it, but my car was in the body shop a month and a half. It's a lot of work and it takes a while to get the parts in.

I did file with her insurance and won $1k for depreciation of the car though. You might want to look into that for sure.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Same thing happened to me too, idiot ran a stop sign and smashed into my front .....it took 8 weeks for Nissan to fix it and then they didn't match the paint so they had her for another 2 weeks for that :headshake:

Just make sure that they match the paint no matter who you go to....

wanna see what $5K in damage looks like? Not much....

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/Wreck/32018065lg.jpg');}" />

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/Wreck/32015681lg.jpg');}" />

and the mismatched paint

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/Wreck/mismatchgood.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
59 Posts
Your wheels can be fixed 100%. I scuffed mine badly and had a tire refurbisher fix them for $150/wheel. They came back 100%. I couldn't even tell they were damaged and I guarantee mine were worse than yours. I used Keystone in Montgomery County, MD. Roberto at Darcars Nissan in Rockville handled everything for me. Since you're in VA, it might not be a bad idea to drop the wheels off with them for a couple days. That's all it takes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i'm going to get a couple of estimates tomorrow.......hopefully i'll come out of this whole thing with a little extra :biggrin: !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
that stuff happens. sucks really.
my gf had her Z for a week and we were driving home and some stupid lady in a saturn ahead of us ran over a piece of angle iron and threw it up in the air. it hit the front of her car.. no, SPEARED the front of her car, piercing the front grille, radiator, AC condenser etc. $2500 later the shop that replaced the nose did an awful paint job on the grille, so back it went. the then did a bad job on the nose itself (drips, spattering, chipping) so in it went again. they put an entirely new nose on the car, which my gf then pounded into the back end of my talon on a cold day on the shitty RE040's. so, 4 noses, 3 paint jobs, and $15k in damage later the car is beautiful once again. sometimes it's just your turn...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
At least her car was new, and she stopped! I just had my front end wrecked and the f*cker was peeling tires outta there before I even knew what hit me (literally!).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just had almost the same damage done to mine this weekend as Jinxxy.

How come 5K? Bumper and quarter panel are only about 500 total and headlight is 650.
Was the rest paint and labor??

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Grumpy, I hope you get that fixed soon because your car looks very nice, even with the damage.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going to CHP tomorrow morning to get all the info and see what the report says. My buddy in the CHP said that no one he knows would have wrote it up as my fault so I should be ok. I just want it FIXXXXEEEDDDD. It's sitting covered up in my garage and its killing me man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[/quote]
yeah, i know the feeling. I hate drivin' around with my car not looking perfect...........it sucks. But, I'm dropping my car off on monday to get fixed. It's going through the Nissan dealership to get the suspenison and brake stuff fixed, then the body shop to get the rest of the damage fixed. they are also orderin' a new wheel&tire to replace the damaged one. btw, nice seats GrumpyZ!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those ventilated seats are so comfortable its ridiculous. I wasn't sure about the Burnt Orange at first, but with the middle of the seats being all black mesh it was just enough to make it look good. Not too much orange.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts