Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just researching changing up my wheels and tires to Volkes GT-7s - 19x8.5/9.5 in Gun metal
with Toyo T1Rs, 245/35-19 & 275/35-19. Before I make any moves I was just curious as to how many miles you guys are getting out of the tires compared to your stock tires. Your personal results are much better than anything I can read online.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I only have 6500 miles on the BFG KDW. Same sizes you are looking at. Nothing to complain about at this time. Still probably 75-80% tread left. Would be more but I track the vehicle with these tires very often. (Drift, auto x, and circuit days)

You should be able to at least get two years out of the tires (~20,000 miles). I don't expect much out of a performance tire as far as wear goes. I usually buy a set a season. But these are holding up good for now.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
2 years? i have 40k miles on my car at 1.5 years

That's what I expect. I don't ask much. Driving the vehicle on a very rough compound tarmac kills tires.

I only put about 8500miles on the car in 9 months.

What tires did you have 40k on? I wouldn't dream of getting that kind of mileage with a high performance tire. But then again, I don't drive on the highway as much as you do possibly.

I am simply giving my input to the OP.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any input is good input, i appreciate it all. Right now I have the tires that came with it when I bought it used. they still look pretty good with about 22,000 on them, the car is an 03. I just don't want to spend a ton on tires to have to replace them once a year. not on my salary haha

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I just don't want to spend a ton on tires to have to replace them once a year. not on my salary haha
I hear ya man...
:cry:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put just over 30,000 miles on my 19" T1-S tires.......just got T-1r set today! My old ones still looked pretty good when they took them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts