Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Alfa Romeo club is holding sprints at Sandown on the 2nd of October (ie. Sunday). I've been meaning to go to Sandown for a while now so I'm more than likely to go to this one ... I'll probably send in my application during the week. Is anyone else interested in coming?

I have been with the Alfa club at Sandown before, and they run a great day that time. Very efficient and well organized. They had just over 60 cars there last time I was there with them. There was another Zed there as well but it was Murray and Stewart from Adelaide. So it would be great if we other Zeds besides mine there.

The entry fee is $145 (if payed before 16/9/05) and you will need a CAMS L2S license, (any) car-club membership, helmet and extinguisher in the car (ie. standard CAMS rules).

The link to entry form is bellow:
- Sandown 2/10/05 Entry form

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it true that Sandown does not allow spectators anymore? That's what db350z said that day at our meet? :doh:

I'm still deciding whether to go...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey dess,

I'm not sure of myself. That's the info i got from Event's O'neil.

Might have to ask the Alfa Club to confirm if such rule exist? It maybe only for Event's O'neil not other car club.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it true that Sandown does not allow spectators anymore?

I checked with the Alfa Romeo club and spectator are allowed. Though, the Springvale council has imposed a new rule for Sandown where the event organizers need to organize a door-list of the spectators, and only the ones on the list will be allowed in. Silly rule, but that's what it is.

So, of anyone is interested in coming to have a look (and not participate), then just let me know in this thread and I'll organize the door-list (from here) for the Alfa club. It's not a problem if you're on the list and don't come ... it's only a problem if you role up and you're not on the list.

i might go

Cool, hopefully we can have a few cars there. Where's Iggy and Daniel? ... I know they've been talking about going to Sandown.

I'll be sending in my entry form sometimes this week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hi david...there is a possibilty i might come as well. will it be like deca or is it just a track run for the participants?

cheers
owen

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi david...there is a possibilty i might come as well. will it be like deca or is it just a track run for the participants?

Hi Owen, I am not sure what you mean by 'is it like DECA'? The idea here is to go round the track. They let you out in a group of (about) 10 cars for a string of 5 (or so) laps. These laps get timed. but there is no 'racing' as such ... it's a timed sprint. Also there's no driver training on the day as far as I know so you go out by yourself (in the car) and go at a speed that you are comfortable.

Also spectators are welcome, but they need to be listed on the door.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi David,

It is looking unlikely that I will get a chance to hit Wakefield, so Sandown is looking good for me.

I'll fax the form through later in the week. I need to get a club membership tho.. I might renew my PIARC one :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds too good to miss, I'll try and get my act togetter and come this time, as it's been awhile!

Cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 28 2005, 02:44 AM
Cool, hopefully we can have a few cars there. Where's Iggy and Daniel? ... I know they've been talking about going to Sandown.

Hey DavidM,
Yeah, I've been out of the loop a bit. Had a few weeks overseas then moved into a new place that has NO BROADBAND AVAILABLE!!!!! Such a pain in the a$$ to keep current on the site with dial-up (lack of) speed.

I've got the day off on 2/10 (so far) - might get my sh!t together and make it to Sandowne.

I'm really lookin' forward to catchin up with you guys.

LK

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 28 2005, 05:13 AM

Hi Owen, I am not sure what you mean by 'is it like DECA'? The idea here is to go round the track. They let you out in a group of (about) 10 cars for a string of 5 (or so) laps. These laps get timed. but there is no 'racing' as such ... it's a timed sprint. Also there's no driver training on the day as far as I know so you go out by yourself (in the car) and go at a speed that you are comfortable.

Also spectators are welcome, but they need to be listed on the door.
[snapback]149946[/snapback]​

hey dave , thanks for clarifying. yes driving training like the deca events is what i had in mind. but if its just letting loose out onthe tracks then it should be fun. just wondering though if you still need cams l2s for spectating or participating? or both?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just wondering though if you still need cams l2s for spectating or participating?

Hey Owen, you only need the license (and all the stuff like helmet and extinguisher) if you are partipipating. In order to spoectate you don;t need anything, but your name on the door.

Also I had a look to see what's happening with DECAs in the near future and there is a d'river training' day at DECA with the mx5 club on the 17th on September ... hopefully they still ahve some spots free. They run a good day and I've been witht hem but will not be going to this DECA day. Though, if someone wants to go then I'll be happy to go with them and do some driver-training ... I'm sure that the MX5 guys would let me as I know them reasonably well.

Also I know that Skyline club is gearing for a nother DECA day (like the last one I've been to) sometimes in November so I'll probablky go to that one. Though, that one is competition oriented (but still on the skid pan).

I've got the day off on 2/10 (so far) - might get my sh!t together and make it to Sandown.

Awesome, we got DaveC, Iggy, Yun and Daniel (and maybe Owen) all interested :) Would be awesome to have five 350Z there ... we could almost have our own 'run group' ;-)

I'll be sending in my entry form tomorrow.

·
Registered
293 Posts
David, trying to download the form, but the Alfa site appear to be down. Anyway, will try again later. If you have it can you please email it to me?

Stephen is coming in his 550M as well... we gotta show him who's the boss eh!? ;)

Can I ask (again) where to get a bracket for the fire ext.? I can't be bothered searching the site....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you have it can you please email it to me?

Done.

Can I ask (again) where to get a bracket for the fire ext.? I can't be bothered searching the site...

I had mine manufactured/cut by Meridian motorsport ... they are in Moorabbin. Though Daniel made his own from a metal plate bought in Bunnings.

·
Registered
125 Posts
david..

what the **** mate, put me down for sandown! ive decided to get the ball rolling. im going to organise my membership with ndsoc, and when thats done ive gotta apply for my cams l2s. after that ill send in the forms to the alpha club. and then hopefully i wont be too late by then. if not then at least ill still be on the door list as a last resort.

thanks dave

cheers
owen

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Aug 31 2005, 02:33 AM
If you have it can you please email it to me?

Done.

Can I ask (again) where to get a bracket for the fire ext.? I can't be bothered searching the site...

I had mine manufactured/cut by Meridian motorsport ... they are in Moorabbin. Though Daniel made his own from a metal plate bought in Bunnings.
[snapback]150930[/snapback]​

Hey Iggs,
The thread on fire extinguisher brackets a while back is pretty informative. There are a few pics there as well. It's not difficult to make one. DavidC didn't use an extra bracket. Just screwed the extinguisher bracket strait into the wall behind the passenger seat with self tapping screws. I probably would have just done that if I hadn't already mounted mine under the seat. Too easy.

LK

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by db350z@Aug 31 2005, 09:48 PM
ok just checking how well is the STock Tyres would perform on These tracks? :)
[snapback]150936[/snapback]​

For a beginner, they will be just fine! :) I don't have a 2nd set of rims yet so I'll be there in my road tyres. Mind you, first time on this track so won' tbe pushing TOO hard ;)

I am off to do some searching for fire extinguisher brackets :)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts