Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you kitted Z's out there still have the stock track front lip somewhere collecting dust in their garage?

I just whacked mine coming out of a carpark. I was going to sand it and respray it matt black, but i kinda cbf since ill be fitting a kit in a few months

But if there's someone out there who wants to sell their lip, let me know how much. Preferably Melb for pick up. Would have to be in near new condition

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Its true. You can hardly notice the little thing anyway, so unless you hit speeds where the Track's 0.29 Cd makes a difference over the Touring's 0.30 Cd (and even then it won't be the full 0.01 since you'll still have the rear diffusers) then its not really worth replacing over getting a bodykit.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my front lip is going to cost a small fortune.....i spose i shouldnt be spending anymore cash

ive got some days off work next week, i might just try and sanding and respraying

does anyone know how to remove it? do u just pull it down? or are there screws

·
Registered
352 Posts
It is held on with about 10 small bolts and a few clips, takes about 5 minutes to take off.

From memory a new one costs about $130.

As always

H

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam.... just leave it... because you might get it damaged again... you just cannot avoid that... I think you will have more of this type of incident when you have your front lip fitted... everyone has got some experiences with their lip or after market bumper already, just need to be extra careful from then onwards!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i never whacked my Zender kit on the alfa, and that was alot lower

you know why, coz i was consciously aware that the front was low, so i took driveways slowly. I jump in the Z and because its at the stock ride height, i just fly into driveways thinking it will make it

when i fit a lip, ill know its low, so ill take it easy

weird but true :shiftdrive:

if i whack the new lip, u know that ill take it off and have it resprayed lol.......which is another huge advantage of the top secret diffuser, you just unscrew it to remove, its not glued or silicone'd onto the bumper

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmm after seeing this interior shot of the Damd Z with tan Sparco Milano seats im thinking of buying seats instead of a kit next

ill see how the car looks with a drop and rims, it may not need a kit just yet.......

daaaaaaaaaamnnnn those seats are sex on black, it would be nice to feel beautiful Italian leather again!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam, I just replied your PM back regarding to the seats... ****.. those seats are nice and remind me of Ferrari challenge seats (looks very alike, but those are in CF)...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info Rich

will an engineering certificate mean im still covered by insurance (after telling them about it)????

the seats will mean there are no side airbags, do u still have working curtain airbags?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts