Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 350z with Track Pack and low KM, the car seems mint condition and low KM..... I test dive it, of coz its cool. But when the car is in neutral and complete stop - I can feel the car is shaking, like an old car, but if you give a bit of gas, the engine rpm higher, then the vibration is gone.

Why is that? is there any problems behind that I should be aware? Can all you guys help me out here and let me know what common problems you have? Thank in advance....

Kris

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
First of all :welcome:

Secondly, while 350Zs are very fun cars, diving one is not recommended. Driving is preferable :lol:

I think that the ECU would just have to be reset in order to raise the RPMs when idling to fix this problem.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
A lot of 350z's have a rough idle. The dealership should be able to fix it for you with no problem :thumbsup:

:welcome: to Tech!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will re-visit the car, and take it for another spin later this week, may buy the car if history and everything else is ok. I noted that there is a price GAP btw canada and us, 350z in US is only around 25K for a 2003 but it is around 35k cdn in here... :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
I will sell you my 2004 that is mint for 25K. I dont see why anyone would pay that much for an 03 when you can get one for 28-30K NEW. www.carsdirect.com

Go to the dealer to fix idle problem? My car has had idle problem since i got it. It had been to 7 different dealerships, none of them would do anything because it is not throwing a CEL nor do they know how to fix it. Their official excuse is that it is a sports car, deal with the problem.

·
Registered
410 Posts
All 350z's have rough idle.....they have a computer to hook up to it ....tell them you 'BASE IDLE' needs to be adjusted to normal....thats is it I work at a Dealership in parts dept....so i know these things

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don't really agree with you. Unless I throw an error, they won't fix it because it's "normal".

The idle "normally" sits around 600rpm or so. Mine fluctuates a bit lower and the corrects itself sometimes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
All 350z's have rough idle.....they have a computer to hook up to it ....tell them you 'BASE IDLE' needs to be adjusted to normal....thats is it I work at a Dealership in parts dept....so i know these things
your probably the first person I know from dealership that actually knows anything.

Not to get off subject but when I took my car in to get the grease streaks on the window fixed, they told me that it must have been somthing the previous owner put on the window, so all they did was clean it off. I couldn't believe it, there's a tsb on this how could they be so ignorant???? I didn't say anything though, I figured even if I did explain to them what was wrong I sure as **** didnt want them taking my car apart.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Amen, thank you for agreeing with me that Nissan techs are ignorant retarded bunch of grease monkeys. THey dont know anything and they try to BS you around like a red headed step-child. What base idle can they set? What is it currrently at?> I guess I will have them perform the idle setting, i hate OBDII sometimes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts