Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
This has been asked many times before. In brief, the '07-08 Z33s have the mid-model updates, including the VQ35HR, and are considered the most advanced models. But the '03-05 Zs use the VQ35DE and are usually the most affordable. the '06 Zs use the VQ35DE revup engines, which tend to consume oil and are not as valued. However, a well-maintained Z with up-to-date service records can be the best buy. Do your research and pay for a full mechanical assessment of any car you are considering buying to know what you're buying.

·
Registered
65 Posts
"Best" is relative. Budget best? Performance best (stock)?

I have owned 4 Z33s from earliest 2003 model to '08 Nismo (plus '12 Nismo Z34). Best? My Z34. But it had better be, it cost $45,000 and was the most advanced and most powerful Z at the time (and honestly, until the Z34 Series II finally gets past the marketing hype and shows up at the dealers and on the road, my Nismo IS still the fastest). That all said, the most "desirable" are the more powerful and higher revving 2007-08 HR equipped cars.

BUT, as dkmura said, any reasonable miles, well maintained Z with records of almost any vintage is worth having. Case in point: 5 modern Zs and I retained my oldest one as my keeper. It has the usual foibles that the '03 is known for but in mine, they're all managed or fixed, e.g. 3rd gear gronk, alignment, respectively.

Reactions: dkmura

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
I was going to upload a picture of my Z but it's no longer available on this phone. Going to sell it sometime this year. Other than that nothing to say now
OK- maybe you want to post some features (year, mileage, model and options) of your Z and why the OP might want to purchase it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK- maybe you want to post some features (year, mileage, model and options) of your Z and why the OP might want to purchase it?
Well I really wasn't trying to give a sales pitch.
Just giving him something nice to look at. If he was sincere then maybe we could talk? Like I said, I'm in no rush to sell. Just throwing it out there.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Well I really wasn't trying to give a sales pitch.
Just giving him something nice to look at. If he was sincere then maybe we could talk? Like I said, I'm in no rush to sell. Just throwing it out there.
Throwing out what? Even if you couldn't upload any pics, why not join the discussion and tell all of us why your model and Z is such a good choice? Doesn't have to be a sales pitch, just your perspective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts