Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I was driving behind a black Ann Z today and couldnt help think how jacked up the rear is, it just doesnt look as hunkered down on the road as i thought it would. I dont like the drag car look with the raised rear, so im thinking of fitting some aftermarket springs

But here is the problem. Coming from a car riding 65mm above the ground and having to dodge every groove and bump in the road, i really like the stock suspension damping. So i dont want the springs to be low enough to affect the shock compression. Basically i want a slightly lower ride height but with the stock ride feeling.......if that makes sense

What have u guys used on ur cars, and how did u find them?

Im steering towards the Hotchkis atm since the rear drop is slightly lower than the front, so will balance out the dragcar look. Then theres the Tein S tech and H tech......but which would feel more like stock? Would the H tech be too soft? What about the Eibachs?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have Whiteline springs.

Visually, I think it's the perfect drop. It definitely feels harsher compared with the stock springs but not at all unbearable to me.

The only downside is that the car bottoms out sometimes. In some carparks or steeper speed bumps, no matter how sideways you take it or how slowly you go you end up scraping the underside.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've got Hotchkis. The drop is minimal but noticeable if you see it next to another zed. The ride is the same as stock. The front springs are slightly higer rate than stock (10kg/mm? without looking up the specs) which may help reduce the squat effect under brakes.

I have had no issues so far with camber in the rear or tyre roar.

I had mine sent from the states and they cost me the same as buying a set of locally produced springs.

cheers

cheers

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that fellas

i think the hotchkis is the way to go for me, since i want similar spring rates as stock

micky did u go for the sway bars as well? id prob buy the tvs kit i think

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The Koni dampers quite a few of us are running let you adjust the ride height (kind of, there's only 2 levels).

I've got stock springs, and I didn't really measure, but according to the mechanic (and the increase in the rate of bottoming out) my car sits a little lower than stock now.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If I were to get springs for my car (and it might happen soon, if I don't suck it in and get Tein coilovers) I'd probably get Tein H.Tech springs.

A 0.2" drop only, but they're supposed to be more comfortable and progressive than the S.Tech's.

·
Registered
785 Posts
micky did u go for the sway bars as well? id prob buy the tvs kit i think

No, I got the whiteline springs (which are great!). The Hotchkis TVS is what I would have got but the shipping cost for the sways makes it too expensive!

cheers

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
micky do u mean whiteline sways?

if so, what did they cost delivered?

i will probably do coilovers one day, when i can afford to buy the Zeal V6s, but for now i just want a nice drop on the stock 18s and so it looks neat when i do get around to ordering the 19s

i may even buy some H&R 15mm spacers for the stock rears in the meantime as well if theyre not too expensive, anyone know where to buy these? The stock 18s are going to look even more pushed in at the rear with a drop :doh:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for that micky

hmmmm thinking that $400 can be put towards other things atm

did u run the hotchkid springs without the sways? how was the ride?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts