Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah but he took most of it out, only got the amp he sold the subs and screen. I'll be putting my own setup in there anyway. Hey was the best screen to get to fit into the Z.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Yun i would go full cf if i could get the V1 rear bumper piece in CF, but its FRP only....so undecided. The kit is low down on the priority list atm

Ray i have the Clarion VRX935VD and am very happy with it. But installing the screen wasnt anywhere near easy, my installer spent days moulding the surround and getting the paint finish right

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...t=0#entry158931

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam... you planning to get body kit now in the future? Good on ya! with CF parts on the black z, it will make the car look different! I guess you have checked out Des's car already with VS V1 lip already, right? it looks hot!

and Ray.. welcome to the board... you should go for Rays 57F wheels.. it really looks nice in 19"s!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got my car today W00t!! Now I know why you guys love em so much, not only are they gorgeous but they drive quality is
awesome. Cruise for me friday night lol, if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
congrats dude, u must be wrapt

enjoy it, Z's a great drivers' car

Rich i would like a bodykit on the Z, just i want to get the suspension sorted next, the hard front end is really annoying me

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Guys, my name is Ray and I just bought my 350z this week. Its a 2003 silver 350z Track, its got a full Strosek body kit, 8000k hid, Greddy spoiler, apexi titanium exhaust, Apexi SAFC ,tanabe springs and that just about does it. Most of you probabley know this car, as the previous owner was Andy (MENYEK). Anyways back to the topic, Im after a new set of rims and have brought it down to these two. Now im still undecided on whether to go 19inch or 20inch on either of these rims, some ppl have told be 20s will rub we going round corners at a decent speed. What are your views, tell me what size to get and what colour if you choose to differ from the colours in the topic. IF you have a reason for your choice that would be great as well.

These are the 57F Pros, in the gunmetal, not sure if these are 19s or 18s though, but anyways you get the idea
I'm really digging the Gram Lights 57F Pro. It appears that they have been discontinued. I spoke with Northeast Aftermarket distributors (the number listed on Gram Lights website) and they told me that the design was sold to Roja.

The Roja model looks slightly different. Can any of our vendors obtain a set of the Gram Lights 57F Pros in gunmetal in the US?

If so, PM me.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The Volks are forged. The Gram Lights are cast. So, performance wise its a no-brainer. The Volks will be lighter and / or stronger (probably both).

Looks wise, its personal preference. I personally hate GT-Cs (I hate the scollops on the spokes) and I love the 57F Pros. I'm still waiting for my gunmetal wheels (I just bought another set of blue wheels for track use), and it should look hawt.

EDIT: The 57F Pros are forged too. So, the Gram Lights are equal in weight /strength and IMO look better. They get my vote.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yun man, you want me to write a full comparison, cmon man to much writing lol. Pics will be up when i get my car washed and cleaned out. Been so busy with work, so will all be done this weekend. Or before friday night, think im going to a cruise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok I decided, this is it.

I will be getting a full vertex kit

and

Gram Light 57F Pros

I decided the 57's cause they suit the vertex kit better.

So 19s or 20s. Im tending to lean more towards 19s, as some1 told me you get more dish, I dont know how true this is.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
drenvy:

you will not regret your choice... both of them are top notch and they match very well!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So then its all about the offset thats what I thought but he seemed to think otherwise, well Volk say that for the gtc's in 19in the size that fits is the front 19*8.5 + 27, and the rear 19*9.5 +33, but with these offset I dont think there will be much dish. Im looking for around a good 7+cm of dish on the rear and at least 4cm at the front, do you rekon this offset will provide me with that much dish?

Thanks champ, I'll definetly have to show all you guys when she's finished.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
oh man you've just asked the almighty question

wheel offsets are a huge unknown it seems

what i did, under advice from almost everybody, was browse the various US Z forums and find a car with the wheels i liked and knew would clear the brembos (very tedious since most US cars dont have brembos) and then pm the owner if he knew the offsets

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.