Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, my name is Ray and I just bought my 350z this week. Its a 2003 silver 350z Track, its got a full Strosek body kit, 8000k hid, Greddy spoiler, apexi titanium exhaust, Apexi SAFC ,tanabe springs and that just about does it. Most of you probabley know this car, as the previous owner was Andy (MENYEK). Anyways back to the topic, Im after a new set of rims and have brought it down to these two. Now im still undecided on whether to go 19inch or 20inch on either of these rims, some ppl have told be 20s will rub we going round corners at a decent speed. What are your views, tell me what size to get and what colour if you choose to differ from the colours in the topic. IF you have a reason for your choice that would be great as well.

These are the 57F Pros, in the gunmetal, not sure if these are 19s or 18s though, but anyways you get the idea

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is a really hard choice, thats why im asking trying to make my mind up, im leaning more towards the GT-Cs as its a fatter wheel and more curvy which is more suited to the z.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, um under the bonnet its got nothing really, only performance stuff is Zorst and SAFC. Umm I pick the car up tommorow, so sorry cant answer that question yet. The 20inch works he had he sold, so yeah now im sussing out a new set of rims. When im off my p's ill be putting a greddy twin turbo kit on the car, but kinda wanna not get any more cop attention, so ill keep the engine pretty stock. My last car, An S15 was pretty highly moded and you may have saw it at autosalon semi's this year, to many issues though, so moving to the Zed, something with some class/sport. I got to probabley get a new f bar, cause his one is pretty screwed up, so got to find something to match the skirts and rear bar, or the other option is to chuck the std f bar on and get a greddy lip. Anyways thats enough rambling, yeah so rims and f bar to start with and then i dunno may look into widebody. Nothing under the bonnet though, except for a few bits and pieces :), wanna focus on building a hot car, not a quick one for now. In a years time though that will all change, well if I can hold out for that long lol :p.

Cheers
Ray

Thanks for some of the feedback, any1 got any pics of Z's with the 57F pros on them?? Cant find any, heaps with GT-C's but none with 57's

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah out of all the f bars ive seen so far I like the IGNS one, oh yeah could you pm me you meet spot/time etc. Id love to come down and meet some other Z owners, and learn more about these beautiful ladies :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dammit the pics aint working, oh yeah do you think if I put the IGNS f bar on to my Z with the strosek skirts and rear bar that it would line up, or would it sit higher/lower than the skirts. If lower i dont mind but higher is a no no

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ok cool, look for me looks like either the Vertex f bar or Ings.Or ill just get a greddy gracer lip and shove the std f bar back on. Not a big fan of the strosek f bar and especially with all the holes in the front, maybe with fog lights would look ok. But Andy's f bar is pretty damaged, so no point fixing it, just get a new one :)

Man im dying to pick up this car tomorrow, I have already in the last 2 days been on the computer and on the phone with some suppliers, for over 12hrs in total. I JUST WANT MY Z

haha anyways look forward to meeting you all

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah but he took most of it out, only got the amp he sold the subs and screen. I'll be putting my own setup in there anyway. Hey was the best screen to get to fit into the Z.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got my car today W00t!! Now I know why you guys love em so much, not only are they gorgeous but they drive quality is
awesome. Cruise for me friday night lol, if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yun man, you want me to write a full comparison, cmon man to much writing lol. Pics will be up when i get my car washed and cleaned out. Been so busy with work, so will all be done this weekend. Or before friday night, think im going to a cruise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok I decided, this is it.

I will be getting a full vertex kit

and

Gram Light 57F Pros

I decided the 57's cause they suit the vertex kit better.

So 19s or 20s. Im tending to lean more towards 19s, as some1 told me you get more dish, I dont know how true this is.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So then its all about the offset thats what I thought but he seemed to think otherwise, well Volk say that for the gtc's in 19in the size that fits is the front 19*8.5 + 27, and the rear 19*9.5 +33, but with these offset I dont think there will be much dish. Im looking for around a good 7+cm of dish on the rear and at least 4cm at the front, do you rekon this offset will provide me with that much dish?

Thanks champ, I'll definetly have to show all you guys when she's finished.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Oh ok, well that would be easy with GT-C's but with 57F pros lol, that will be a bit difficult, oh well thats a good few hours searching.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Man coilovers are the best, just get a set of em. Definetly worth it, know they cost you but hey, its definetly worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts