Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, my name is Ray and I just bought my 350z this week. Its a 2003 silver 350z Track, its got a full Strosek body kit, 8000k hid, Greddy spoiler, apexi titanium exhaust, Apexi SAFC ,tanabe springs and that just about does it. Most of you probabley know this car, as the previous owner was Andy (MENYEK). Anyways back to the topic, Im after a new set of rims and have brought it down to these two. Now im still undecided on whether to go 19inch or 20inch on either of these rims, some ppl have told be 20s will rub we going round corners at a decent speed. What are your views, tell me what size to get and what colour if you choose to differ from the colours in the topic. IF you have a reason for your choice that would be great as well.

These are the 57F Pros, in the gunmetal, not sure if these are 19s or 18s though, but anyways you get the idea

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is a really hard choice, thats why im asking trying to make my mind up, im leaning more towards the GT-Cs as its a fatter wheel and more curvy which is more suited to the z.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
57f pro definitely in gunmetal on silver

did Menyek do any underbonnet mods? What happened to the 20" work wheels?

re 19 or 20, i was considering 20s at one stage, but decided on 19s, mainly because my car is a daily and i do alot of CBD/inner city driving

whats the ride like on the tanabes? Does it crash over train tracks, freeway expansion joints?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, um under the bonnet its got nothing really, only performance stuff is Zorst and SAFC. Umm I pick the car up tommorow, so sorry cant answer that question yet. The 20inch works he had he sold, so yeah now im sussing out a new set of rims. When im off my p's ill be putting a greddy twin turbo kit on the car, but kinda wanna not get any more cop attention, so ill keep the engine pretty stock. My last car, An S15 was pretty highly moded and you may have saw it at autosalon semi's this year, to many issues though, so moving to the Zed, something with some class/sport. I got to probabley get a new f bar, cause his one is pretty screwed up, so got to find something to match the skirts and rear bar, or the other option is to chuck the std f bar on and get a greddy lip. Anyways thats enough rambling, yeah so rims and f bar to start with and then i dunno may look into widebody. Nothing under the bonnet though, except for a few bits and pieces :), wanna focus on building a hot car, not a quick one for now. In a years time though that will all change, well if I can hold out for that long lol :p.

Cheers
Ray

Thanks for some of the feedback, any1 got any pics of Z's with the 57F pros on them?? Cant find any, heaps with GT-C's but none with 57's

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Ray check the gallery on 350zonline.com, there should be a few 57F Pro pics.......i was looking at them at a while back too, and found my photoshop material on that site

Be sure to rock up to one of our meets

Re replacing the front bar, check out the INGS front bumper

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah out of all the f bars ive seen so far I like the IGNS one, oh yeah could you pm me you meet spot/time etc. Id love to come down and meet some other Z owners, and learn more about these beautiful ladies :p

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
prob after the new year id say

our last one went pretty smoothly, was really good to chat to the other guys, especially since most of us have different brand exhausts, suspension, etc

im not a fan of the big kits on the Z, but the INGS would have to best looking imo. The Strosek isnt too bad, the only thing i dont like is that u can see the metal bumper reinforcement bar through the front mesh. Though u could just spray that black

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dammit the pics aint working, oh yeah do you think if I put the IGNS f bar on to my Z with the strosek skirts and rear bar that it would line up, or would it sit higher/lower than the skirts. If lower i dont mind but higher is a no no

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
most of the aftermarket Bumper is about the same heights. tell you what. you want to make it racing look like or Luxury?

Racing you can either go for Ings if you want Luxury and Racing, might as well get VERTEX ;) That's still rare in Australia :D We got ings in OZ already which is JE-350 part of Elite team :)

I'm highly recommend Vertex :) Or maybe Amuse? because amuse350Z sold his kit and go for crazier kit.

cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ok cool, look for me looks like either the Vertex f bar or Ings.Or ill just get a greddy gracer lip and shove the std f bar back on. Not a big fan of the strosek f bar and especially with all the holes in the front, maybe with fog lights would look ok. But Andy's f bar is pretty damaged, so no point fixing it, just get a new one :)

Man im dying to pick up this car tomorrow, I have already in the last 2 days been on the computer and on the phone with some suppliers, for over 12hrs in total. I JUST WANT MY Z

haha anyways look forward to meeting you all

1 - 20 of 68 Posts