Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I am either deciding on getting the enthusiast since it has the TCS and limited slip differential. I know the model above it also has the VDC, but i wanted to know what your opinions are?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I own a Track, but for the best value, I'd go for the Enthusiast. Unless you live somewhere that it snows and you plan to drive your 350Z in it, you will never use the VDC. I always turn mine off every time I start the engine, unless it is raining. If you are going to mod the car, get different wheels, etc., why pay the premium for a Track which has nice but very expensive Rays wheels that are not as wide as you would probably want to go with aftermarket wheels. The Brembo brakes on the Track are great, but you can get aftermarket brakes.

I might go for the Performance becuase I love the in-dash tire pressure monitors, if the price is not too much more than an Enthusiast. Touring is a luxury model, I would stay away from it. Base does not have the LSD, so get an Enthusiast or a Performance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Gotta have the HID's, LSD, and TCS (just for the rain). I totally agree with richard-- well put. The biggest advantage about the track model is being able to take it to a road course right out the box and not having to worry about bending wheels or brake fade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the Enthusiast. I wanted the HID's and limited slip when the road gets slick, nothing else. The VDC and larger Brembo's are not really worth it cause you can always upgrade to bigger brakes if you find the need for them. I wanted to have fun with the Z without the VDC stopping me from burning my tires and also wanted to be able to get aftermarker wheels without having to worry about getting specific wheels. The touring package is nice but I can always upgrade to leather seats and get an aftermarket GPS/DVD console.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the replies, I am swaying towards the enthusiast, since it has HID's,TCS,etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
I highly recommend going with the ragtop. Nothing beats cruising down the road with the sun beaming down on you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wanted a base but got the performance. I'm happy I did. I figure that the VDC/TCS combo might save me some damage some day. You can always add a better LSD to the base if you don't care about the VDC or TCS. Might be able to add the stock HIDs, dunno.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
I originally wanted an enthusiast, but the VDC has saved my ass so many times I am thankful I went with the performance. I sometimes wish I had gone with the track model, but I swapped my wheels already and will be doing a brake upgrade soon so that is irrelevant

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The cloth seats are quite nice, and for spirited driving, they are preferable to leather seats because you don't slide around on the cloth. Although I was originally considering aftermarket leather seats in my Track, I have changed my mind and am sticking with (and to) the stock cloth seats.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Shadow@Feb 25 2004, 08:54 AM
I went with the Touring-----wanted that leather! I thought the TCS came standard, but I'm not sure. Any Z beats no Z! 

TCS comes standard on every trim except for Base. VDC comes standard on Performance, Touring models with a standard transmission, and Track.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts