Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Common or not? A dime a dozen or rare as the blue moon? Do people know what you drive, or do they stare at your 'exotic?'

I noticed something while in Miami this week. Z's are everywhere, stock or not. It made me happy for 2 reasons: That I was seeing some nice ones out there, and that compared to Miami, the Minneapolis area hardly has any which makes my Z even nicer. Not that I'm saying a city with a lot of Z's is bad, but from the standpoint of having a car that one doesn't see on the road everyday, it's nice.

So if you were to throw in your 2 cents, who claims to have the most Z's per capita in their immediate city of residence or area of work?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Probably going to be a city with relatively high yearly income. Doesn't have to be a big city, just alot of higher yearly income people in a certain amount of population.

Would be interesting, it certainly isn't where me and Pam live. :lmfao: Only about 10 or less here.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dont know if anyone has ever heard of Plano Texas. This city is filled with nice cars. DAILY I see everything from BMW M3/M5, Ferrari, lambo, viper, vette, hummer, I saw one of those new bently sports cars yesterday. about 2 miles from my house is the maserati/ferrari dealership.

I see Z's all the time. which kind of sucks. the guy across the street liked my car so much he bought one.

I would say that north dallas/plano area has to be one of the top areas.

~Z~

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm with smooth. I love my car and it's nice that there are not that many in minneapolis. In the last 2 days I've seen a new Bentley GT and a Austin Manrtin Vanquish. But people still look at my Z like they do those cars. Same thing when I go home to Nebraska to visit my parents.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 15 2005, 09:32 PM
Probably going to be a city with relatively high yearly income. Doesn't have to be a big city, just alot of higher yearly income people in a certain amount of population.

Would be interesting, it certainly isn't where me and Pam live. :lmfao: Only about 10 or less here.
[snapback]132676[/snapback]​

i would disagree. i would think it would come from a place where there is a lower cost of living. less house payment...less living costs....more money for a car. yes, you will get people will a better income in areas that have a high cost of living....but, then again....i think they'll be spending more on living.

i would think tx would have the most z's. very low cost of living....and jobs don't cut back when they pay.

there are a ton in boston...but, it's much smaller than tx. also, cost of living is much much higher than in tx.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by djkern+Jul 16 2005, 03:35 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nis350ZTT
@Jul 15 2005, 09:32 PM

i would disagree. i would think it would come from a place where there is a lower cost of living. less house payment...less living costs....more money for a car. yes, you will get people will a better income in areas that have a high cost of living....but, then again....i think they'll be spending more on living.

i would think tx would have the most z's. very low cost of living....and jobs don't cut back when they pay.

there are a ton in boston...but, it's much smaller than tx. also, cost of living is much much higher than in tx.
[snapback]132703[/snapback]​

I don't think we are disagreeing, maybe on one point that I did not think about before I posted. :cheers:

Your point makes sense to me.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
most of the Z's around here are owned by fellow soldiers. haven't seen too many locals driving them around

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
south New Jersey and Philadelphia seem to be spotty although recently there seems to be a few more showing up than usual. Maybe the dealers have some special incentives.

I also think there are some other vairables such as weather that may dictate what kind of cars people buy when their leases are up since I would imagine that most of the Z's I see in this area are leased.

More roadsters than coupes, more silver and superblack than any other color in this area, but the frequency that I am seeing the Z is a more common occurnce.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was cruising on 836 East in Miami when I saw 4 Z's in less than 5 minutes. In fact, we were following a Z (he was in my training class) to the seaport. I bet I saw at least 10 'Z's in 3 or 4 days while I was there. I also some some older Z's that were in great condition.

I agree with Pete. I think it has something to do with weather. We don't see too many here because it's not practical to have just a summer car like the Z. Cost of living is also a factor with housing prices dictating what you can afford to drive.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 16 2005, 08:09 AM
I was cruising on 836 East in Miami when I saw 4 Z's in less than 5 minutes.  In fact, we were following a Z (he was in my training class) to the seaport.  I bet I saw at least 10 'Z's in 3 or 4 days while I was there.  I also some some older Z's that were in great condition.

I agree with Pete.  I think it has something to do with weather.  We don't see too many here because it's not practical to have just a summer car like the Z.  Cost of living is also a factor with housing prices dictating what you can afford to drive.
[snapback]132745[/snapback]​

hey whats up Dave...
yup there is a lot of Z's around here in miami, people still like it, but you know in a couple of years people will grow out of it and look for more exotic models.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT+Jul 16 2005, 03:11 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2005, 03:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nis350ZTT
@Jul 15 2005, 09:32 PM

[snapback]132703[/snapback]​

I don't think we are disagreeing, maybe on one point that I did not think about before I posted. :cheers:

Your point makes sense to me.
[snapback]132716[/snapback]​

yeah....disagree might have been the wrong word to choose. more like "let me add this to your post". :)

Originally posted by buZam@Jul 16 2005, 06:28 AM
I also think there are some other vairables such as weather that may dictate what kind of cars people buy when their leases are up since I would imagine that most of the Z's I see in this area are leased.
[snapback]132731[/snapback]​

yeah....i agree. there are definitely more z's in texas and CA and FL as opposed to states that get a lot of snow. remember....states with a lot of snow....typically the person has to have a second car for those months with snow. so, there's another pain in the butt thing!! :)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I say places like SoCal and Dallas and Miami are probably filled w/ Z's although I've not been to these places since getting lucy. I know PITTSBURGH is DEF not one of the places w/ the most Z's and I like it. I get the :OMG: and whiplashing head turns still! :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
There arent a LOT of them around here, but I wouldn't consider them rare either. On average I probably see about 5-6/week on my daily driving.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have seen about 4 in my town. One of the z's in my town belongs to ninja350z .. http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6213
nice ride i have been by him on the road several times...
I live like 45 minutes from StudyBuddy but i have yet to see his ride.

Most of the time though I never see a z around here and i like it cause every one is staring at my car :irock:

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 15 2005, 11:32 PM

Brandon speaks wisely!! There are ~19 here. I saw a new PPW roadie and a new Super Black. Must be the base!! Milit peeps love the Z!!

:irock:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
NorCal is lousy with 'em, tho I suspect our bro's in the Southland represent even more...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts