Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i go with crawford or should i go with ultimate racing :helpsmilie: (im not fi)Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would go with Crawfords as they are cheaper, I believe, and more widely tested. Many people have Crawfords and rarely anyone discussed any issues with them. I have Crawfords and love 'em. I also trust the Crawford company for customer service, product effectivness, and reliability.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got prices of $448.00 for the ultimate racing shipped and $520.00 for the crawfords shipped.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I got prices of $448.00 for the ultimate racing shipped and $520.00 for the crawfords shipped.
Good, I would still go with what I trust, and the one's that people have experienced and been happy with the most. Just my $.02

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is just not much out there from ultimate racing and the pictures of the stuff is not impressive quality wise. So its a judgement call on my part..

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
From everything that i've read it always seems people are very happy with the crawford cats, I am actually looking at picking up a set of these myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who sells crawford instead of crawford (called crawford today and :werd: they dont have any at this time funny since they make them right)

·
Registered
92 Posts
i jus bought Ultimate Racing HFC... ill let u guys know how that goes..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just curious, why does the website selling the crawford's have a little disclaimer that says you must agree that you are using for offroad usage ? Does it fail emission inspections or something ? I know very little about these after market exhausts, please educate me.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
what's wrong with the Kinetix? I love mine! :)
Nothing besides the fact they are made by kinetix

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Just curious, why does the website selling the crawford's have a little disclaimer that says you must agree that you are using for offroad usage ? Does it fail emission inspections or something ? I know very little about these after market exhausts, please educate me.
Thanks!!!
in some states it is illegal to change the stock cats out.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
<div align="left">UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
<div align="left">WASHINGTON, D.C. 20460

<div align="left">
OFFICE OF
<div align="left">AIR AND RADIATION

</span><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><div align="left">
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT USING, INSTALLING, OR
<div align="left">BUYING AFTERMARKET CATALYTIC CONVERTERS

<div align="left">
As of January 1, 1988, all persons engaged in the business of automotive service and repair,<div align="left">as well as other parties named in section 203(a)(3) of the Clean Air Act*, are prohibited from<div align="left">installing or selling aftermarket catalytic converters which have not met the criteria of EPA's interim<div align="left">enforcement policy entitled 'Sale and Use of Aftermarket Catalytic Converters'* (published on<div align="left">August 5, 1986). The installation of non-complying converters by a named party will be considered<div align="left">a violation of section 203(a)(3) of the Clean Air Act, and the violator may be subject to a civil<div align="left">penalty of up to $25,000 for each improper installation. .................... (cont..7 pages)

Complete text in PDF

Looking over this .. if it doesn't answer your question(s) .. then nothing will.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts