Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup guys... kind new to this... quick question... which h/f cats should i go with

crawford

helix

kinetix

would love to know the cons and pros... have an at vortech supercharger with stillen exhaust and headers running with stock cats... had street pipes but i hated the raspiness.... :banghead:

·
Registered
120 Posts
So you have FI right now...correct? If so, I would suggest test pipes if possible. Honestly, all of the different brands of high flow cats have a tendency to break apart within 12 months. :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
"So you have FI right now...correct? If so, I would suggest test pipes if possible. Honestly, all of the different brands of high flow cats have a tendency to break apart within 12 months."

Crawfords Don't.

Lou

·
Registered
120 Posts
"So you have FI right now...correct? If so, I would suggest test pipes if possible. Honestly, all of the different brands of high flow cats have a tendency to break apart within 12 months."
Crawfords Don't.

Lou
I love Crawford products..trust me..and Doug is a great guy. But ask McDuck...he has the Crawford's and both of his were destoryed.

I didnt mean to imply they will all fail, its just that high flow cats, coupled with rich FI A/F ratios have a "tendancy" to fall apart. I had a set of RT rats, and those fell apart too. :( Test pipes are cheaper...and they dont fall apart...and provide even more power gains.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have been looking at HF cats as well for a while now, and am planing on going with the Crawfords for their reliability and clean sound quality. They are expensive compared to the rest, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yup APS test pipes on the way now.....probably be here today
wooooohoooo
I thought you got those in on Friday?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
lol
no man....i purchsed them on Thursay
what i meant by got, is buy
they should be here today
Ah, you must have wondered the meaning of my PM when I was amazed at how fast it had arrived :doh: .

Should be getting my exhaust today or tomorrow as well - can't wait. :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
man i am counting on you to tell me how will everything go
as far as sound and performance
I will let you know as soon as I get it installed. Got get those cats first.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
when are the cats coming in?
A few days after I order them. Problem is that I got a little too wild and ordered a lot of stuff these past few days and might need a cooling-off period for a while. All depends if I can still get in on the SSV group buy. Still waiting for an answer from Noah.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
350Zluvr...what are you doing with a picture of my GF in your avatar. :)
Now why must we be so greedy? Can we not just share, and all just get along? :biggrin:

I apologize, I will have her home by December :smileysex:

I am a luvr of more than just the 350Z. :wub:

Ok, I am done now :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts