• Pewter

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, having trouble deciding which color to go for

Pewter is easier to clean and shows the Zs lines a bit better, especially the crease line along the door, but black just looks mean, especially once dropped on flat silver TE37s and minus hamburger

Everyone is telling me keeping a black car clean will be a nightmare, but i can OD on the Z5 and Z2-Pro one whole weekend, that should protect the paint from scratches and swirls

I cant find any pics of black anniversary Zs, does anyone have any? Or any nice pics of the Pewter Anniversary?

These are the only pics of the Pewter i can find. I actually dont mind the stock alloys, so probably will do the ICE first and the rims/suspension towards the end of the year

pewter on drive.com.au

·
Registered
235 Posts
PHEW ter ? Looks like lead to me. Dead.

Shame they didn't use the signature colour for the anniversary - clearly the most stand-out colour!

Anybody like red?

FRIZZLE

:nana:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not black, we have it and it is hard to keep clean...everyone says it becuase its true ;)

Personally I like yellow :D nothing subtle about that

·
Registered
352 Posts
Shizzle, you are a knob!

I actually saw a pewter one today and thought it looked quite good. It would probably be the colour I would've picked if I wasn't getting the go fast colour.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yup i agree....they should have brought one out with the signature colour. although black does look good too. was originally going to get my z in black...but lemans just stood out above the rest....

cheers
mr350zed

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol what's the signature color

yellow is for fags

iKY thats Nissan Camberwell's car, i think theyve put it on as a demo. Ill go check it out tomorrow and see pewter in the flesh

·
Registered
66 Posts
Too be honest I had my heart on the Lemans sunset :) remember Orange is the new Blue :)

I found it very pleasing to my eyes.

But!!!! everyone of my friends said NO. so I said NOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

and got myself a blue :) I guess safety

Has anyone seen the metallic Red? I know its not available for Z but **** thats one sexy colour :)

PS> I personally don't mind the yellow as it really stands out, over time I guess I would hate it!

PPS> Aniversary edition looks exactly same except it has a different mag wheel outside

use the bottom link you can choose Z and customise colour and mags :)
http://www.bobjane.com.au/Wheels/AMGWheels.asp#

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i like the blue too, its so different, i havent really seen another car in the same shade. I think u made the right choice dude, orange would be a fair bit harder to sell

the yellow imo is just for people craving attention. If its going to be a showcar kitted up and dumped then sure itll look good, but as a daily driver, unless its sporting a prancing horse or a raging bull, its a little otp

i saw a used white Touring last week at a dealer, that would be a nice color also with some gunmetal Volks

im not a fan of the brickyard (metallic red) personally

·
Registered
188 Posts
Strictly from a performance perspective everyone knows silver is the fastest.

But for looks Black rocks!!! I miss having a black car - even though it is a mofo to keep clean. Sounds like you're into a well kept car anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for you. :buffing:

Go Black. No question.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats true, i wash my car once a week, i enjoy it, and my Alfa was the cleanest 5 year old 112000km car on the planet

just check out my gallery, its all about detailing LOL

it would be better if it were a metallic black. I know how hard it is to maintain soft non metallic paint on the Ferrari, just gotta be careful with what sponges to use and that u dont rub the car when dusty

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahhhh too late

drove the new black Anniversary, f$%ing loved it, wow what a car

negotiated a great deal and signed on the dotted line

the dealer is having a rattle in the door checked out, when the windows down and u shut the drivers door there is rattle, sounds like the window tracker is lose. And having the scuff plates fitted

ill pick up the car on Monday

·
Registered
293 Posts
[/quote]

Congrats!!! :clap:

So it'll be an all Z turnout on Monday night!? :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts