Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Results:

I installed the camber arms last night. The install was pretty easy and i will post a tutorial when i get some time to write it. The only problem I ran into was the spherical bearing was slightly too wide to fit onto the car.. After some banging and shaking things I got the arms into place.

Took the car for alignment today and ended up having to remove my bumper to get the Z on the machine. Everything is now in spec!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
hey illz, in your opinion, how much of a drop requires getting adjustable control arms? more than an inch?
When I started modding the suspension, zland (Jeff W.) , from the other forum told me any drop over 0.80 inches and rear would be out of spec...enough to reduce treadwear by 15%. I am not savvy on how rear camber/toe affect handling, but just now had the SPC rear camber arms installed.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
ive ended up buying the SPC rods as well

for the simple reason that they use rubber bushes

ill let you guys know how i go, should have them one day next week

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Toykilla

linky for ebay camber kit????

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the GF210 springs. I use 350evo front camber arms (very VERY nice stuff btw) and the Stillen rear camber/toe kit. Awesome quality all the way around. Everything looks really nice, and adjusts well too. I am running -1.1 front camber, -2.3 rear camber, .6 rear toe. It is great for auto-x. and I even have more traction for straight-line launching (like drag racing) I think just because of the progressive springs. I will say, that -2.2 is the most positive he could make the rear camber... I think they are designed for more negative camber, and not for making the rear camber more positive (like for drag racing). I do have Kazera 18X9.5 rears with Michellin PS2's 275/40r18 and I have no clue what the offset is. Not much lip though... I assume this has to do with my rear camber abilities.

Just an FYI for anyone interested.

P.S. I know -2.2 was the most positive he could make my rear camber, with my toe at .6 but... I don't know if he also tried to adjust my stock rear camber cam-washer too. So there could be some more positive there I guess... I need to talk to him and find out.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts