Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
**oh and in addition, they don't allow enough adjustment to get back into spec and correct neg camber. i'm still off...but only by a little. i can't remember exactly how far off i am though...sorry

How much adj. to they allow for? I don't understand how A. you were really out of spec. or B. they don't allow for more than 2 degree of adjustment.

FWIW: The SPC arms will do both camber and toe. ±4 degree camber and ±3 degree toe.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=3...ing&prodid=1314

If the ebay or Stillen aren't giving you adequeate adjustment.. Something is wrong.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
How much adj. to they allow for? I don't understand how A. you were really out of spec. or B. they don't allow for more than 2 degree of adjustment.

FWIW: The SPC arms will do both camber and toe. ±4 degree camber and ±3 degree toe.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=3...ing&prodid=1314

If the ebay or Stillen aren't giving you adequeate adjustment.. Something is wrong.
well one thing is possible.. some of these arms are DESIGNED to give more negative camber, not correct negative camber from lowering the car. This was true with the Cusco front A Arms which I modified to get the results I needed.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Toykilla saving money just like i did with my headers.

good job and I hope they work out. saving money is always good.

but don't feel bad if they don't I had sent back a Y-pipe because of insanely crappy quality and not as shown in pic to an e-bay seller. ended up buying the megan racing part like i should have in the first place.

haha maybe we should start a bang for buck section on known good mods as well as mods to stay away from.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Toykilla saving money just like i did with my headers.

good job and I hope they work out. saving money is always good.

but don't feel bad if they don't I had sent back a Y-pipe because of insanely crappy quality and not as shown in pic to an e-bay seller. ended up buying the megan racing part like i should have in the first place.

haha maybe we should start a bang for buck section on known good mods as well as mods to stay away from.
good thinking! a comparison section of ebay copies versus the real deal, and when it matters..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ohh come on ills what about high quality cheap **** LOL!!

I did the header thingy, toykilla is doing the camber thingy!

I didnt loose out on that y-pipe cause i got a complete refund with no hassle. since the guy was so nice about it i gave him a good mark on ebay just for workin with me.

two things i cant go cheap on were the motordyne spacer and also the crank pulley set up. not smart to go cheap there!!

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Verdict: ebay camber arms rock! These are absolutely the same as the Stillen arms. I just got mine today and I cant believe it. Exactly like the picture. Spherical bearings, black powdercoat... Now i wonder if these are built at the same shop as the stillen arms?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
These are for the rear correct??

what do they offer up front??

do they make stillen copycats for the front??

by the way do you have a quick link to the ebay item??? I'm interested!!

I was going to stay away from lowering my car because of how expensive the camber kits were now I want to go for it!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
They don't offer anything for the front as far as I know. You would have to get front control arms.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey illz, in your opinion, how much of a drop requires getting adjustable control arms? more than an inch?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
hey illz, in your opinion, how much of a drop requires getting adjustable control arms? more than an inch?

Yes. that is my opinion as well. I have no hard data for this, but more than 1" should "require" fixin'. But I guess it all depends on how much camber you want back there (or up there) anyway ., :)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts