1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

After fitting my wheels and shocks/springs, my camber is out a full degree

see thread.... http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13751

Im looking to buy a set of camber rods, but am confused with the ebay stillen style and the actual stillen

To me they look identical, so im thinking Stillen just buy from the same manufacturer and slap their name and huge price on them. I can buy the ebay ones for around USD $120 shipped, for a pair!!! Versus the Stillen ones that PerfNissan sell for USD $448 :OMG:

Has anyone used the ebay ones before? Are they the same part? Would love some advice guys

Here's a few pics for reference

Ebay

Stillen

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I wonder if you get what is in the picture? I am in the same boat. The stillens are 440+. Kinetix ones are only 199. And the Ebay ones have a question mark on them as far as what you might get.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if you get what is in the picture? I am in the same boat. The stillens are 440+. Kinetix ones are only 199. And the Ebay ones have a question mark on them as far as what you might get.
The auction i pulled the pics from is listing them at USD $69 buy it now. If the product isnt as advertised, just file a complaint with paypal. Otherwise, i think for that cash its worth a try. But last thing id want is to snap a rod hitting a hard bump

If i knew for certain they were the same as Stillen sell, and im 95% there, id buy them for sure

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Ok, I am giving these a shot.. ordered 1 set. I will post plenty of pics and a review when the arrive. Who knows.. maybe we can save members a few hundred bucks! (which they should then donate to me and TPIACE)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what a man

talk about taking one for the team

ill be hanging to hear your feedback and see pics....plz post asap dude, i want to order mine as well :cheers:

Edit i just found this info on my350. The first paragrah relates to the Stillen/ebay rods, the second paragraph is the SPC rods.......i think for the NVH reason, it may be best going with the SPC.

The upper link has a metal to metal spherical bearing as is usually used in a true racing car. This does not have rubber to isolate the chassis from road shock which will result in more noise, vibration and harshness. Also the spherical bearing, being a non-lubricated joint requires occasional replacement in service and has to be monitored for this.

The lower arm has a rubber pivot point as in the stock arm. This will result in less precise wheel control since the rubber moves in service allowing the pivot to drift a bit in service. This is not what you want in a racing car, but in a street car the rubber provides isolation from noise, vibration and harshness. A compromise would be to install harder rubber in the joint, Nismo makes these for sale on the Japanese market and they are available here in the USA from Nissan Motorsport on special order.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey, just saw this post. i have the eBay camber rods on my car right now, i've had them for about 6mos...the quality is ok, not great. since there is no rubber to isolate the chassis from road shock, i hear a clunking noise when reversing and stopping. the mechanic who installed it also commented that he would only expect them to last about a yr b/c of the spherical bearing. all in all, you get what you pay for w/this. i'm currently looking for a replacement but have yet decided which company to go with.

**oh and in addition, they don't allow enough adjustment to get back into spec and correct neg camber. i'm still off...but only by a little. i can't remember exactly how far off i am though...sorry

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
hey, just saw this post. i have the eBay camber rods on my car right now, i've had them for about 6mos...the quality is ok, not great. since there is no rubber to isolate the chassis from road shock, i hear a clunking noise when reversing and stopping. the mechanic who installed it also commented that he would only expect them to last about a yr b/c of the spherical bearing. all in all, you get what you pay for w/this. i'm currently looking for a replacement but have yet decided which company to go with.

**oh and in addition, they don't allow enough adjustment to get back into spec and correct neg camber. i'm still off...but only by a little. i can't remember exactly how far off i am though...sorry
In your opinion, are they the same as the Stillen rods ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i haven't personally seen the stillen ones, but i would expect theirs to be better quality for the price their charging...or at least made of gold or platinum. i'm leaning towards SPC as a replacement

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i haven't personally seen the stillen ones, but i would expect theirs to be better quality for the price their charging...or at least made of gold or platinum. i'm leaning towards SPC as a replacement
well here is the stillen:

Definitely not gold or platinum. But definitely $450.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmmm, it will be interesting to see what the quality is like. I did the SPC's and I have been very pleased with them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts