Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum :shiftdrive:

My setup would be a 10 jlw6v2 in a zenclosure box and a set of diamond s600 components for the front. Now im looking for a 4 channel amp to push this set up. Thinking about the alpine pdx 4.150 amp or maybe the JL 450/4. Which amp would u go for?? Which other amps would be good for this setup? Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
New to this forum :shiftdrive:

My setup would be a 10 jlw6v2 in a zenclosure box and a set of diamond s600 components for the front. Now im looking for a 4 channel amp to push this set up. Thinking about the alpine pdx 4.150 amp or maybe the JL 450/4. Which amp would u go for?? Which other amps would be good for this setup? Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
I have the JL A6450 6 channel amp. I bridged it to 3 channels with two channels running the fronts and the third running the sub. This setup will give you 150 watts x 3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the JL A6450 6 channel amp. I bridged it to 3 channels with two channels running the fronts and the third running the sub. This setup will give you 150 watts x 3.
I'm trying to get around 250+ watts for the sub.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm trying to get around 250+ watts for the sub.. any suggestions?

The JL 10w6v2 optimally wants 400watts rms. 250 rms would work, but you will not be getting all you can out of the sub. Luckily the 2 amp options you are looking at throw a little more than 250rms to the sub........

JL 450/4 in a tri-way configuration will put out
75x2 and 300x1

Alpine PDX4.150 in a tri-way configuration will put out
150x2 and 300x1

My suggestion would be the Alpine for a couple reasons.
1) More power. This would be overdriving the fronts, but obviously you will just keep the gains turned down. But overhead is NEVER a bad thing.
2) Full range class-D technology. More efficient use of your car's electrical system. It's a waste to drive a sub off of a class a/b amp unless:
......a) the configuration of that amp is not easily matched by running 2 separate amps
......b) you are getting an unbeatable deal (i.e. you were getting the JL amp for 50% off)
......c) the amp rack will not accomodate 2 amps
3) The Alpine has a smaller footprint, more mounting options.
4) The Alpine will run a lot cooler, more mounting options.

The full range class-d amps are terrific. I run 2 Eclipse full range class-d amps (XA1000 on the sub and XA2000 on the fronts) and am very happy with the sound quality. I can't believe how cool they run and i have no trouble with the Z's stock electrical system keeping up with the amps' demands, even when driven to the extreme.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts