Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there have been posts on this before, but I want to know what everybody is running in their Z's as far as performance chips go. I'm going to install cat back exhaust and a c/a intake soon, but would like to do the chip first. I probably will never go forced induction, so I'm not worrying about a chip for that now. I just want something to complement other bolt ons I'm going to get. Help me out! Pros and cons are great, and let me know where you purchased your chip.

Thanks in advance. :doh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
The 350Z ECU is a CAN system, and has multiple processors, so it will be almost impossible for anyone to come out with a complete replacement of the OEM ECU.

So, we have reflashes.

Reflashes available:
Altered Atmosphere
Technosquare (first company to do it)

Altered Atmosphere is cheaper, and does the same thing, so it's up to you as to who you want to pay, you want to save money or pay the people who developed the software first? I'd go with saving money. :)

Other alternatives are a piggyback (or even a standalone, though no one has used one on an N/A Z from what i've seen): A'Pexi SAFCII, GReddy E-Manage, Vishnu, can't think of any others.

Unichip offers something, their description on the website isn't detailed to determine if it's a reflash or a piggyback (their piggyback is used in the APS turbo kits (single and twin)).

The benefit of a piggyback would be no downtime on your car, one time costs, can't think of any downsides (unless you can't tune your a/f ratio and change rpm and mph limiter, then you need to have a tuner).

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Oh yeah, someone is supposedly developing a complete ECU replacement, it's rumor, but, we'll see if it turns out to be true or not. I can never remember the name of the company, let me do some searching and see if I can find their website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just shows how much I know about my car.......... Which do you guys have piggybacks or reflashes? Are you talking about like an Apexi management system, that sort of thing/

Oh, and I guess to have a reflash done you need to send the ecu away, how long does it take to get it back? Thanks

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Found that company that is rumored to be making a complete ECU replacement:
I-Speed http://www.i-speed.us/

A'Pexi SAFCII (Super Air Fuel Controller, II = US Version). You can adjust your air/fuel ratio and it saves your settings onto a flash memory card.

Most N/A people get a reflash. Although, ChrisCagle on my350z.com has the GReddy E-Manage and did a write-up on it. And, as far as I know (AFAIK), 287HP on my350z.com is the only person on the forums with the Vishnu piggyback on his N/A 350Z. I can't think of anyone who has used an SAFCII yet, but i'm sure some have.

Yes, you have to send the ECU to Technosquare/Altered Atmosphere for them to reflash it, I believe you do the whole thing in under 4 days, I believe 3 is what most people do, although i'm not sure (over-night it there, reflash it, over-night it back).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

"350Z ECU Programming now available!

AAM's Nissan 350Z and Infinity G35 Coupe ECU Flash/Programming is now available. We can modify your speed limiter, rev limiter, fuel curve, and timing tables. Send us a mail [email protected] for more information! "

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/
Price: $499

http://www.technosquareinc.com/350z.htm
Price: $595 for G35 Coupe and 350Z
$495 for G35 Sedan

BTW, if you tell both of them your mods, they will tune it specifically for that; that is what all of the R&D was for, finding what to adjust the A/F ratio to with given mods, what to adjust the timing to with given mods.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any body know if Technosquare and AAM have tables that recommend (or are built around) an injector upgrade. I'm dying to ditch the Aeromotive DFMU and go with bigger injectors and a reflash but don't know what size injectors to look for?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
No. Right now the car is;

ATI at 7.5psi
Headers
test pipes
Injen SES
J&S ultrasafeguard
Level ten valve body upgrade

Car runs great as is (12.78 at a real track on DR's) just don't really trust the DFMU and am interested in a reflash to raise the Rev-limiter to solve some A/T shifting issues.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
Ahh ok. I'd still recommend the 380cc or maybe a 450cc injector.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ahh ok. I'd still recommend the 380cc or maybe a 450cc injector.
I Use a piggyback setup which is Apexi SAFC. You'll need a rpm converter due to the can system that the z and g35 have.. which is here:
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

it's called:
GReddy e-manage RPM Signal Extraction Adapter #1 - #15900904

Ihave an 03 and at first no one could help me with getting the rpm issue fixed. now i found the answer. any questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
31 Posts
TURBONATOR! jk, UTEC engine management would be a great option for tuning, make sure you find an experience tuner that has used it before. Goodluck

·
Registered
47 Posts
excuse my ignorence but what is the difference between getting the reflash and the UTEC engine management? uhh what :banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts