Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am needing to replace my 08 z's throttle bodies. I am looking around for the cheapest option that will be as good as oem without buying them from the dealer because those are way too expensive. I also cant buy any used ones from junkyards near me because they all only have DE throttle bodies, and not HR.

my first option are nissan value advantage from z1motorsports

It says they are remanufactured which would explain why they are only $200 each, but I've never bought from nissan value advantage and they dont have any reviews.
has anyone gotten these and can recommend them?

While looking for other options i i found " hitachi throttle chamber assembly" at advancedautoparts for $150. Im not sure if these are the oem throttle bodies because it does say hitachi and it claims that it will fit my car, but im very fishy of the fact that its $150 for a brand new oem throttle body. If they are oem that would be the best option because i wont have to wait/pay for shipping, and that would save a total of $100

im not sure which ones to get, i i just cant afford to buy a wrong/bad part but i am also on a limited budget. If anyone has any input on these products, or has any other advice for where to get them it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
The first question is why do you need to buy new throttle bodies? The second thing to let you know is that Hitachi is the OEM supplier to Nissan for 350Z throttle bodies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took the advice of a mechanic to clean the throttle bodies by opening the butterfly valve manually to clean it, now they don't work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the butterflies not snap shut any longer? What do you mean they "don't work"?
whenever you manually open and close the butterfly valves on the z's it makes them not work for some reason, I think it has to do with the electronics inside of it wigging out

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
My 350Z racecar has had TB issues with the air restrictors in the past. Never tried to open them manually, but unless a spacer is used, they will touch a 40mm restrictor and go into limp mode. You may have damaged the electronic sensor when manually opening it.
None of this helps you, but since sourcing a Hitachi TB is an option, I'd go that direction first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue , i reflashed the ecm and changed the throttle bodies and fixed it. I bought used 370z throttle body they are the same, i bought them on ebay and g37 also has the same throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts