Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well here is a crazy question ...

I purchased a Nismo rear spoiler from www.spoilershop.com.au in WA, as I couldn't find anybody in Sydney with the spoiler I wanted.

The product was then delivered by a Sydney company from their own stockline ...

Question is - does anybody know of a company in Sydney that carries parts and kits/addons for the 350Z ???

The sign on the van was "automart" or automall" or "motormart" or something like it. I read the sign, said to myself I have to remember that - and off course promptly forgot :banghead:

Starting to become senile in my age :rolf2:

Any help is appreciated ...

·
Registered
303 Posts
don't know anyone worth referring... btw how much did it cost for the kit from spoilershop.com.au?

I'm pretty sure they are selling the imitation version but last time i spoke to them it was dirt cheap. (i got quoted around 1500 delivered for the whole kit...sound too cheap?)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yeah... they are only doing the copy kits for the nismo parts... but not too sure about the fitment though, hope it will fit nicely!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Can you let us know how the fitment goes?

I'm looking for a Nismo 350Z spoiler as well, but I don't want to pay the $1200+ unpainted and ufitted Nissan charges for a genuine one.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I can't even find 350Z on their web site.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Alan:

www.spoilershop.com.au

It is under.... Body Kits (at the side menu)..... then Nissan (at the bottom of the page).... and they called it.... 350ZX on the list

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]

Go to http://www.spoilershop.com.au/front/

then the Bodykits option & select 350Z ...

They advertise Veilside & Nismo ... Can only presume they are genuine :doh:

Got the Rear Wing for $ 500.00 unpainted ...

Let you know how the fitting goes in a day or so ...

Catcha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is Nismo what we think it is?

I've been looking at Nismo swaybars for my car and approached Nissan dealer to get a price etc., believing that warranty would not be affected given that it was their "own" group company.

Not only did they quote me bucket loads more than the local suspension joint for Nismo parts, but the manager (who I know from other interests) told me that Nismo has nothing to do with Nissan and warranty protection is no better than if I used other company products (eg Whiteline). Nissan just sells Nismo, but is equally happy to fit other reputable brands.

Assuming he is correct (and why wouldn't he be given that he was doing himself out of a sale) I don't know how many others out there are of the same misbelief or can refute what I am saying about the Nissan/Nismo connection.

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nismo in the US is covered under their warranty, however I believe that Nissan Australia do not cover Nismo as an OEM part, so no warranty!

You are much better off going for the Whiteline or alternatives as the pricing is much much better. Besides, what could go wrong with a swaybar? The links in the zed suspension are that strong and I have never read anywhere that some have broken.

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
mickyboy

I must say that I've always believed that Nismo was part of Nissan, but how wrong I appear to have been.

I read the comments on an earlier thread regarding improved handling from Whitelines (it may have been you) and will probably now go down that road. I've used them previously but was just seeking the security of "Nismo/Nissan" for warranty!! You're right, a changed swaybar is low risk as confirmed to me by the Nissan Service Manager.

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
562 Posts
You probably should be more worried about getting covered by your insurance company with the new sways, then have warranty. Some companies will not cover you if you change the sways, eg. NRMA.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
coatsie - that's just a reflection of Nissan Australia's total disinterest in the motorsport / aftermarket of their brand in this country.

Nismo is Nissan's motorsport arm. They're no different from HRT/HSV in Australia. They have their own management structure and incorporated by themselves, but at the same time they're a part of Nissan.

In Japan, Nismo parts are factory options (in the same way Holden by Design gear is in Australia) that you can just tick while ordering the car, and covered by the car's warranty.

But since Nissan Australia wants nothing to do with them, they won't officially recognise Nismo gear. And even if you buy stuff from another Nissan dealership internationally, it would not be covered by Nissan Australia as each country is pretty much independent.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If anyone is looking for an imitiation Veilside S1 bodykit, let me know. An associate from another forum works for a bodykit company, and I'm lending them my car to test-fitting the panels they moulded off a genuine Veilside S1 kit.

Might be easier than shipping from Perth.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey guys,

Kinda off topic but I noticed a few of you guys have modifications to your car (eg springs, swaybars, wheels,etc). What are the warranty implications? Can Nissan void your warranty all together?

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
The simple answer is no.

The only time they can deny a warranty claim is where the actually aftermarket item caused the problem.

For instance, if you put on a set of sways and the ECU burns out, then it is a warrantly claim they can't deny.

As always

H

·
Registered
562 Posts
[/quote]

Whats that about NRMA not covering you if you change the sways!

I just had some Cusco sways installed to complement the coilovers. :xZ!o:
<div align="right">[snapback]95085[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's what I was told when I was with them, since it would change the way car handles from stock. They also told me that if I had coilovers or springs they wouldn't cover me either, because that would change the ride height. They were OK with shocks as I told them that my old ones were worn out :)

Now I'm with justcar insurance, they will cover preaty much everything.

Also you might want to check this insurance company if they will cover your wheels http://www.youngandcool.com.au/ I've found out about them last week. They also give you discount if you have done defensive driver training.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts