Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and have yet to buy a 350Z. I'm looking at importing a white US Track Model into Canada and I need to know where the car was manufactured? If it was made in the US, Mexico or Canada, I don't have to pay any duties. However, if it's made elsewhere, I might have to. Does anyone know?

Also, what stubby antenna's do you guys use? The S2000 model? I love the looks of the car, but that long antenna really doesn't do the car justice.

I'm looking at getting this 2004 track model with Navigation for $23800 - $24000. It has 16500 miles on it. Is that a good deal?

Thanks for your time guys!!
Peepers

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think its made in japan. Desgined in the US by a Canadian, engine is french but i might be wrong. it might be the other way around (BBC TOP GEAR SAID SO?!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the car is manufactures in Japan. I'll have to check my sticker next time I go out to the car.

I use the S2k antenna and love it. Looks much better than stock.

As for that deal, that price seems pretty good. Is that USD or CND?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
For those who care...

The 350Z is assembled at the Nissan Tochigi Plant located in the Kawachi district of the Tochigi prefecture of Japan. The engines and transmissions are produced at the Iwaki and Yokohama plants respectively. Both of which are also located in Japan.

The Tochigi plant employees approximately 6,000 people who produce roughly 180,000 cars annually. Aside from the beloved Fairlady Z, this plant also produces the Cedric, Serena, Stagea, and Skyline.

I had a chance to tour this plant years ago. Most impressive. If you ever have the chance to tour any auto plant (regardless of manunfacturer), I suggest you jump at the chance. I highly recommend the Honda plant in Marysville, Ohio.

Good Luck
Ronin Z

·
Registered
798 Posts
I believe the car is manufactures in Japan. I'll have to check my sticker next time I go out to the car.

I use the S2k antenna and love it. Looks much better than stock.

As for that deal, that price seems pretty good. Is that USD or CND?

do you have a pic of this antenna?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts