Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new here.
I have a question related to my Nissan 350Z from 2003. Since 3 months I notice the issue given in the title. Anybody knows what could be wrong?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Welcome- moved this thread to a more appropriate forum. It would help to know more about your '03 350Z before trying to guess at a possible answer:

-First, how many miles are on this Z?
-When it first started hesitating, was it in first gear, or was it from a rolling start?
-What have you already done to diagnose this problem?
-Have you pulled codes from the ECM or TCM (if you have a auto)?
-What kind of fuel are you using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick response, dkmura.

• mileage: 61000 miles
  • It first started hesitating when driving on highway in 5th gear
  • Nothing done yet to diagnose this problem
  • I am going to let pull codes within 2 weeks
  • Manual transmission
  • fuel: esso superplus ron 98 since a year (before, I used shell ron 95 and shell v-power ron 98)

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Mileage sounds low, so that's not an issue by itself. You're using the correct type of fuel, so that's not a factor either. If the acceleration hesitates in fifth gear, that's likely a normal reaction. That's 1:1 gearing and the engine has to increase fuel and air delivery from a lean mixture. Since acceleration continues after a brief hesitation, you may be worried about nothing. So pull codes first and let us know what (if anything) you find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi dkmura,

I see the following error codes. Note the computer mentions them to have occurred in the past.

- P1564 ASCD SW (note I do not use cruise control, should I check cruise control is turned off?)

- C1109 BATTERY VOLTAGE ABNORMAL (about three months ago once I saw battery at 12V at starting the car but after 1 minute of driving the voltage went to 14V)

- C1708 + C1709 + C1710 + C1711 NO DATA (note I do not think I have tire pressure sensors)

Kind regards,
Rene

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
How old is the battery in your Z? If your resting voltage is only 12V, it's likely compromised and needs a full battery test. Do you mean your wheels have no TPMS in them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi dkmura,

I do not know how old the battery is. I saw 12V only once three months ago. My normal voltage now is 14V.

Indeed the wheels have no TPMS. They are aftermarket wheels 19 inch. I regularly check the tire pressure manually.

What about the ASCD? Should I check the cruise control is off?

Grts
Rene

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Rene- your battery likely needs replacement. Don't test for voltage while the engine is running, only when the battery is not being energized by the alternator. As for P1564, that code has more to do with the steering wheel wiring. For example, I usually get it from the on-board diagnostic system on my Z racecar because the steering lock system has been pulled and a QR steering wheel hasn't got any of the CC controls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Battery checked and was okay. Battery charging seems low, 78% after 20 minutes driving. Maybe the alternator is weak...

The battery is from January 2016.

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
Good check info and I hate to say it, but keep an eye on that battery. If it's getting that low a charge while driving, there's little doubt the alternator is going. That, in turn, puts a strain on your battery and causes it to go bad over time. Besides that, your battery is five years old and most 12V batteries begin to go bad with 3-6 years. I'd get the alternator checked and likely replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi dkmura,

Okay. This is what I will do. I will change the battery (new battery as below) and then keep an eye on the charging for checking the alternator.

New battery: YUASA YBX5000 12V, 65AH, 232mm x 175mm x 225mm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts