Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 350z front tires 245/40/18 rear tires 265/40/19 oem rims did it come this way from the dealer or was it changed. After ?

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
Depending on which '03 Z33 you own, the stock wheels were either 17" or 18". Standard tire sizes were smaller than what you have now, so it was definitely changed from the way it was delivered from Nissan.

How many miles on this Z?.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 03 350z front tires 245/40/18 rear tires 265/40/19 oem rims did it come this way from the dealer or was it changed. After ?
dkmura is spot on. OE 18" tire sizes were 225/45-18 F & 245/45-18R (except Nismo and GT @ 245/40-18F, 265/35-19R).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on which '03 Z33 you own, the stock wheels were either 17" or 18". Standard tire sizes were smaller than what you have now, so it was definitely changed from the way it was delivered from Nissan.

How many miles on this Z?.
157,237 miles on it it does have nismo rims.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
Again, it seems like the wheels on your Z were likely swapped out before you owned it. The NISMO 19" wheels were only available on the 07-08 models, unless they were aftermarket offerings..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ,now for the reason I asked this. Recently I noticed that my abs,slipp,brake,and my tcs lights come on. Not when I start the car but after I drive forward about 30 ft.but not when in reverse. Also I don't get a chance engine code. Is this because the tires being different size, but the why is it just now doing this after I've driven the car over 5000 mile.
Thanks,will68

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've replaced front and rear brakes, both cam position sensors, (twice)and the crank position senser.ive checked all fluids then I drained them all and replaced with all clean new fluids. I bought all new coil packs, replaced the lower intake manifold cause bolt was stripped and had a vacuum leak. Today I bought a new airbag clock spring unit. cause the airbag light is on ,every now and then I get code P0021 and code p0345.
Its getting a little frustrating. I also replaced both IVT solenoids.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
It sounds like you've been getting a lot of ECM codes with all you've checked. But back to your "wheel" issue, which sounds more like an ABS issue. Have you scanned for ABS codes and what are they?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only codes that come up are the cam position senser they come if I go over 5500 rpm then the car trips over itself and imediatly slows way down almost stalling then slowly it will pick back up itching it like in safe mode.i also changed all the wheel speed sensers. The lights started comming on about an hour after I put new rear tires on but I bought 255/40/19 instead of 265/40/19,I don't think the width would matter.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
Does your code reader have the ability to read ABS codes? I wonder if the wheel speed sensors are reading too great a difference in the rolling circumference of your front/rear tires? The rolling circumference of a 255/40-19 is a relatively tall 27.1", while the 245-40-18 fronts should be 25.7".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No it doesn't, I took it to the dealer today so I should find out tomorrow whats up ,but I don't really trust them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you know if 265 will fit the front tires without rubbing, i think im going to go with 18 all the way around.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
You'll likely have some rubbing with 265-40-18s, depending in the offset of the wheels you're using.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What if there deep set rims , I'm running 245's now with rims that put the hubs nearer to the outside of the wheel well.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
That kind of negative offset will usually result in tire rub, as you're putting more of the wheel/tire towards the outside of the wheel well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What if there deep set rims , I'm running 245's now with rims that put the hubs nearer to the outside of the wheel well.
Back on the original ABS/SLIP/TCS lights. 90% probability it's your tire sizes; that is, the 40 aspect in the rear. The 255s at 27.03 O.D. are 4.8% delta compared to the front. OEM setting is ~3% +/- 0.25%. The traction control system (or VDC if equipped) is "seeing" (from relative F/R wheel speeds) that the fronts are spinning faster indicating to the ECM that your front end washing out and invokes traction control (brakes and engine cut back) to bring the car back into control (or "good wheel speeds".)

If you are running Nismo (or aftermarket) double stagger setup, 18F/19R, the proper tire sizes are 245/40-18F and 265/35-19R. This rear tire size (as on the Nismo or GT) brings the overall diameter to closer to OE 17 or 18s (bit shorter) but within the 3% F-R stagger.

Change out the rears to the correct size and 90% probability your problem goes away.

As for the TCS NOT working for the first 5k miles, likely a TCS fault that has corrected itself. Any chance you did a battery change or ECM reset recently? That could cause the ECM to wake up to the speed sensor(s) input. In any event, the system seems to be working now. And no, the offset plays no part in this scenario.

Reactions: dkmura
1 - 18 of 18 Posts