Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got my wheels today...waited about more than 2 months?...i was first planning on adr m sports 19's but went with the 18's instead..was planning on hyper black but got the glossy black..everything didnt go as planned but i still like my new set of wheels..the glossy black looks really nice!

but i had a question..while installing my new wheels..i noticed on the rotors in the front...there was the 5 lugs and an extra bolt stickin out..keeping me from installin the new wheels..the stock wheels if you look inside had a deeper part so that the extra bolt length wouldnt get in the way. So i decided to just take the extra bolt off..im thinkin this was just there for extra protection? for the rotors? cause i took it off and took a look at it and it looked like it wasnt that important...the bolt went in about 2mm? juss wondering wut this bolt really is for..and if its ok even if i dont hab it on there...

i will post pics soon!

·
Registered
785 Posts
the bolt is actually so you dont rotate your tires (rear to front etc). Taking it off does nothing but open up access to install your aftermarket wheels. What is cool about the nismo rims is that they follow the same type of deal as stock, so they fit over the bolts!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:nervous: Now I'm anxiously waiting for pics....

:postpics:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Those wheels look great...good choice.

I can't help but notice that the front and rear bumper covers appear to be painted a different color than the rest of the car though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

yea..i thouhgt it always looked diff colors...but weird cause thats how i bought it off the dealer...brand new... did no aftermarket paint job to the car...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

yea..i thouhgt it always looked diff colors...but weird cause thats how i bought it off the dealer...brand new... did no aftermarket paint job to the car...
<div align="right">[snapback]99548[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sometimes it is difficult to tell if the paint match on the bumper covers is spot on with the rest of the car by looking at a picture...especially on a Silverstone. But if you notice it in person then something is amiss. If the car was purchased new I would ask them to correct the problem if it bothers you at all. The issue could affect resale value if nothing else. If it was a pre-owned car there may be no dealer remedy available.

Again...very good selection on the wheel set...congrats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]99548[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sometimes it is difficult to tell if the paint match on the bumper covers is spot on with the rest of the car by looking at a picture...especially on a Silverstone. But if you notice it in person then something is amiss. If the car was purchased new I would ask them to correct the problem if it bothers you at all. The issue could affect resale value if nothing else. If it was a pre-owned car there may be no dealer remedy available.

Again...very good selection on the wheel set...congrats.
<div align="right">[snapback]99588[/snapback]
[/quote]

yes the car was purchased new with 7? miles on it? and yea..peepol tell me sumtimes "ey ur car looks diff colors" and i notice it sometimes...but the color changes..like diff angle of how i see it or the reflection of the sun..so i sorta just got used to it and lived with it...

but thanks guys~

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think if you look close enough the paint on almost all cars looks slightly different when painted on plastic then on metal - for instance the difference between your bumber covers and the metal body.

I would not sweat it. I think it is normal and you are also right about it looking different in different light or from a different angle. Some are worse than others but again I think it is normal to some extent and has more to do with the surface that is being painted not being identical on the entire vehicle.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I like them, but I would get those center caps painted gloss black like the rest of the wheel. Makes the setup look too busy with all those different colors/shines. And maybe black lugs too, to clean it up a bit. Just my .02, but looks incredible anyway!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where did you purchase the M-Sports. It's exactly what I'm looking for in Gloss Black... Also, what size are they. Staggered I assume? The lip on the back looks killer.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by lilsilkk1112@Jun 22 2005, 09:32 AM
Where did you purchase the M-Sports. It's exactly what I'm looking for in Gloss Black... Also, what size are they. Staggered I assume? The lip on the back looks killer.
[snapback]119174[/snapback]​

No likey the powdercoated stocks anymore? I like the gloss black M-sports, also. Good looking wheel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts