Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me see if I understand this correctly:

If I wanted to go to 18x9.5 in the rear, I could get tires up to 275's? With a negative offset of 45mm?

If I wanted 18x8.5 in the front, I could get tires up to 245's? With the same offset?

I'm browsing on Discount Tire Co. and am trying to put together the right combo. If I am doing it correctly, the site is allowing me to pick tires and wheels based on the car info I gave them. It's just a matter of size, right?

I noticed that Jinxxy(?) has the same wheel & tire size combo. I think the offsets I suggested are too big.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SmoothZ,

I have 18x9 +22 245/40 front and 18x10 +25 275/40 rear. 45 offset seems too much. You should really contact Todd or Chance at Discount Tire Direct instead of using just the web site. They are extremely helpful and will make sure the offsets are correct for you.

What wheels are you considering?

Marc

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at those lips! Nice wheels. Definitely aggressive looking, just the way I pictured it in my dreamzzz...Thanks, Marc.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One major factor to my choice of wheels is how easy they are to clean and keep clean!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have the Nismo forged 5-spoke wheels - silver finish. 18" x 8.5" front, and 18" x 9.5" rear. Competition tires are Kumho Ecsta MX, 245/40/18 front, and 275/35/18 rear. If I had it to do over, I would get 275/40/18 rear. I don't know what my offsets are, but any competent shop that can sell you that kind of gear should know what to do about offsets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
**** guys, I like both of those (the BCs and the Nismos). Too bad I don't think I can afford either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts