Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've done a search here and other forums to find the answer I'm looking for and still haven't gotten a straight answer. I've called several places to get prices on my wheels and the question I've asked is can I get a 19x10.5 wheel with the proper offset and a 295/30 tire in the rear without any fitment issues, rubbing, and no rolling of the fender? Some dealers say yes and some dealers say no. I've also been to other forums and read some threads but never really seem to get a direct answer. It's really driving me crazy because I want to order my wheels but can't decide if I can go with the 295 or if I have to settle for 275. I need some help from anyone that can give me a direct answer. Thanks!

Oh I forgot to say what wheels....I'm looking at the Racing Hart J8 in SBC!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't forget to mention the wheels, as that may be one reason you've gotten wishy-washy answers. I was actually in the same situation as you are in now. I wanted wheels and everyone seemed to be saying different things about what would fit and what wouldn't fit. Here's my suggestion...

Start by asking about Racing Hart J8 wheels (specifically), as a 10.5" wheel is not a 10.5" wheel is not a 10.5" wheel. You need info about RH J8's in various offsets, and how they fit with various sizes (10.5" in this case) with various tires., etc. All tires are not the exact same width, even if they are the same size.

Lastly, camber and things like after market springs affect the whole equation, and you might find that someone says a 10.5 with 295 will work, with a 1.5" drop, but they didn't mention that the camber had to be set so aggressive that you'll need new tires every 5,000 miles (at least feathering won't be an issue *wink*).

So the reason you haven't gotten a straight answer is that when it comes to pushing the limits, there are some factors which make it work (and likewise, make it so you would need to roll/cut the fenders). In other words, there is no straight answer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, most of what you said was addressed. I asked about offsets and which would work with my particular situation. The guy that told me that a 295 would work on a 10.5" wheel said that camber would not be an issue. I'm not planning on lowering the car so he said that would be fine. Lowering the car would for sure require rolling the fenders. When I asked about wheels I did specifically inquire about the J8 which is why the confusion set in. It really made wonder who I could trust. I sure don't want to get a wheel that won't fit when the person that sold them to me said it would. Try sending those back :soapbox: Anyway, I really appreciate your help. I've got several more phone calls and emails still left before I decide. I may just go the conservative way and stick with the 275/35 with a 10" wheel on the rear. Thanks again bro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're not planning on lowering the car, *but* you may not be happy with the look and space of the stock springs with the thinner tires. It's really hard to know until it's all on and then you realize.

See if you can find someone with stock springs and 10.5 w/ 295 in the back. It's really the only way you'll be able to get advance notice of how it will work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I say that I'm not going to lower it but, I'm sure that will change. I'll have to keep looking maybe I'll find someone with that setup. After talking to a friend he was thinking I should go with the 275 and get the Tein setup. It's probably better to do that anyway. Save me a lot of headache.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gary to the rescue :clap:

I've got 19" Volk TE37s with 8.5" front and 10.5" rear (+22 offset). I use 285s (Falken Beta) and the tire is stretched. 295 / 305 would be a better bet, but good luck finding a manufacturer that makes a 245/35 and 295 or 305/35 or 30. You may be able to squeeze a 275, but trust me, it will look horrid, it won't protect the rim from curb rash, and in my honest opinion, I don't see it fitting.

I've got a stock suspension and the 285s just tuck under the well. If I lower it, I will use Espelir (10mm drop) springs since there's not too much wheel well gap and it won't require rolling the fenders.

Here's a few pics. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW! :thumbsup: Thanks Gary! Your Redline looks incredible! :yourock:

I finally decided on what I was going to order. I went with the 19" R/H J8-Pro SBC, 9" front 10" rear, and wrapped them with SO3 Pole Postions 275/35, 245/35! I guess I was more worried about tire rub so I went conservative with the 275's in the rear. I think it will still look as good. Chicken was probably right about the lowering! Thanks Chicken! :thumbsup: Now I'm working toward getting new suspension. Thanks for your help guys! :yourock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 275/35/19's w a 43 offset, and no rubbing with the stock ride height. The wheel gap is perfectly acceptable. The 275 on the 10.5 rim is fine as well, and does not look stretched. 275 is the smallest size accetable on a 10.5 but it is ACCEPTABLE and looks fine.

You have to take dimeter into account as well. You just cant decide on tire width alone. You have to find the width you want in the correct aspect ratio to maintain the overall diameter.

If your buying $4000 wheels and tires you better not be riding on a tire w a rim protector to save your wheels from curb rash.

JET

1 - 8 of 8 Posts