Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy some new rims for the Z. It is superblack. I am probably going to get something with an 18" diameter (although feel free to suggest other sizes, but please say why bigger or smaller). I don't have a set amount on how much to spend, but I would like to keep the max around 1,500 for a complete set of wheels only. And of course I want the back wheels to be wider than the front.

PS: If you can send pictures/links of the wheels (esp. already on the car) I would appreciate it?!?!

THANKS!!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Well for $1500 you might not get a complete set, that is if you mean tires included. can u tell us what you like so i can see where you are coming from.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
the nismo 5-spoke forged alloys weigh only 16 lbs. each. a set of 4 is $1,800. 18" x 8.5" front; and 18" x 9.5" rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning on spending somewhere around $1,500 on the wheels or "rims" themselves (without tires). I like many different types: 5 spokes, 7 spokes or more, but also wheels like the BBS RS-GT, ADR M-sport, etc... As far as color I have thought about gun-metal w/ polished lip or something with high polish or chrome even??? I generally like the riveted look.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
That would be great Jinx. I really like those rims. If you talk to him soon let him know to post them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are pretty cool but I dont' know if thats what I'm looking for I would rather have something with like a high polish or something...and I would also prefer 18's cause I heard that the bigger the wheel the slower the acceleration and the rougher the ride.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 25 2004, 09:33 PM
the nismo 5-spoke forged alloys weigh only 16 lbs. each. a set of 4 is $1,800.  18" x 8.5" front; and 18" x 9.5" rear. 

where did those raised center caps come from on the pic you posted? i thought the 18's could not take the center caps

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I dunno about the center caps. I have the Nismo wheels (without center caps), but the pic I posted was somone else's car I saw at a Nissan show at Calif. Speedway before I bought my nismos. Could the wheels in the pic be 17"? They look just like mine except the center caps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any more suggestions other than the nismo's...they are nice but not what I'm looking for...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts