Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for wheels, and I really likes the TSW Thruxton. And plus i can pick it up right away. I really want to get 20x8 in the front and 20x10 in the back. Right now they told me 20x10 are one back order. I was thinking of running the 19" now, but i want them to be the same front and rear, which is 19x9.5 front , and 19x9.5 back. Have anyone done this?

Is this ok?
and effect on performance?

please give me your comment(s). thnks guy

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You will have to be careful with which offsets you go with, with the same width you will have to pick different offset for front and rear to get the same look.

Having same width wheels doesn't make a difference in performace it depends on if you chose same width tires also.

With same width tires you will lose some of the understeer the Z has and you will have to learn that it will want to oversteer instead.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah you can do this. You canalso get the same tires for the font and back--this will give you better steering response. The bad thing is, steering is going to feel twitchy at high speed given the tremendous traction that you have.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank guys, yeah I really dont know if i should be doing this. But if it will improve handling tha I might think about it. As far as offset goes i think it is 19x9.5 with 35 off set.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Two issues here; first, 19x9.5 +35 may rub the suspension in front (depending on the tires), that is a pretty good tuck for 9.5s although it works for 8.5s.

Second, from answers I received in a thread about staggered tire diameters, the answer seems to be that you may have TCS issues - about half reported issues, half didn't. Better to use slightly smaller diameter tires on the front to avoid the possibility of TCS/VDC issues.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guy, I really really want 20", but TWS 20x10 in the rear is on back order. Well I'll remember to loo back to this thread if i decide to go with 19"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts