Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 03 touring Z. It came with wheel locks but there is no socket for them. Im not sure if they are the nissan locks or not. Is there any way to identify nissan locks? ie. markings or serial. Also, can I get a replacment socket or am I looking at buying another set? Thought I would ask before I go down to the stealership.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Good luck.

Worse comes to worse, you can grind 'em flat on two sides & use a crescent wrench to get 'em off. If that doesn't work, you can notch & knock....cut a notch with your grinder or similar, then use a BFH (bigfrigginhammer) & a large flathead screwdriver or cold chisel to knock 'em off...

·
Registered
138 Posts
You may want to check all the compartments and even look in the manual for where the lock may be hidden. Also you should be able to go to the dealer and get a new socket to take them off without damage.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Beer Goggles@Sep 21 2005, 12:20 PM
You may want to check all the compartments and even look in the manual for where the lock may be hidden. Also you should be able to go to the dealer and get a new socket to take them off without damage.
[snapback]157002[/snapback]​

BEER! :wavey:

Are they stock wheels? Can you tell if they are the nissan ones listed here? http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...Code=350Z-WHLOC If they are, maybe your dealership has a set in stock and would be kind enough to let you use the key? Or you could buy one of these for $23 and have extras and a key? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by Beer Goggles@Sep 21 2005, 10:20 AM
[snapback]157002[/snapback]​

My BFH/grinder method won't hurt the wheels, but the locking lugs will definitely be toast...It's a last resort thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a special location for the lock? I dont have a manual for the car.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
You mean where the key would be stored?

Try looking in the little compartments behind the seats, in the center console, where the spare tire is, many places previous owner could have stashed it. THen call the dealership if you can't find it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked everywhere, just hoping there was a special location for the key that I did not know of.

I'll swing by the dealer and see what they can do for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts