Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see any of the lead weight thingy's on my stock wheels that came with the car. How did they balance the wheels?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I've never seen an lead stuck behind the spokes, but then again, I have never looked behind spokes - LOL.
Take the wheels off and check behind the spokes. I doubt that you'll find any there, as the object of balancing the wheel is to use as few lead weights as possible and to do that, the weights are positioned as far from the centre of the wheel as possible.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
When balancing wheels, you have two things to balance: the inner ring and the outer ring. Meaning, a weight MUST be on the inside and outside of the wheel.

For an alloy rim like ours, the weight on the inside is most likely gonna be a clamp-style weight (not a sticky) and the weight on the outside will be a sticky weight, at 1/4 gram each. (for steelies, its clamp-style weights on both sides).

As far as a sticky weight going behind a spoke, its possible. So check there. But if you see no weights on either side, guess what. Wheel's not balanced.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
JetPilot - apparently, they've discovered a way to balance rims from the inside only. None of my OEM rims have any weights on the outside - nor do they have any place to put them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts