Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the warranty work for the '03 alignment problem. I looked at the service bulletin and looks as if my tires should be warrantied. I bought the car used a couple of months ago and took it back in for service because of the growling sound. They said they couldn't do anything about it and the cost was up to me. I had them look up the warranty work for it entire life and the OE tires were replaced at 17000 miles. According to the bulletin it does not say that the tires could only be replaced once. Besides, if they didn't fix the problem correctly the first time then they should fix it this time. Right? Also, the Service Advisor said that the tires on the Z only last about 15000 miles anyways. I think he is full of SH.. Please let me know what the details are. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
& BTW -We're headed for small claims court with our dealer.....hope to make them eat some rubber....

In the meantime, I'm trying to wear out the rears......

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I bought with 21K dealer warranteed the alignment, hosed me on the tires....the 'proration' amount was what I could've bought the tires for outright @ Tire Rack.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but read the service bulletin. I think I really do have a case. They should have ast least put new tires on it when I bought it. If I traded it in with the tire like that they would dock me for them. So why should they be able to sell it to me that way?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm not saying what's right....just what the dealer here did to me. I've read the bulletin..... I got all kindsa [email protected] from the svc. dept. here....kept my car 3 days for a fw alignment & footrest replacement...the last day FOR THE FOOTREST! [email protected] tech couldn't figutr the ONE BOLT out... They were rude, lied to us. I went in to get the car, & they said "no charge, warranteed tires & all..." CAlled my wife two days later sxaying they made a 'mistake' & that we owed $400...for the tires.

I think that a known problem (TSB) on a used car s/b fixed by the dealer before selling...at least I hope the small claims judge sees it my way...

BTW -Nissan North America was NO HELP, either.

You'll have to raise cain to get any help, tho....Good luck!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my next step. Small claims court! First the Used Car Director is going to get an ear full from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news for ALL!!!!! I proved my case with the loop hole in the bulletin for the alignment warranty and tire replacement. As long as you are within the 2 year in service date of your car and the TIRE MILEAGE is below 21000 miles your tires will be replaced with no charge as many times as you need them to during this period. Nissan Warranty Claims confirmed this with my dealership and they are going to begin to do this for all customers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Iam new to this whole issue, but my 03' is pulling to the right. If my problem is the warranty situation can they fix it. I've changed wheels and tires.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by redlinez33@Nov 1 2004, 12:12 AM
Iam new to this whole issue, but my 03' is pulling to the right.  If my problem is the warranty situation can they fix it.  I've changed wheels and tires.

Maybe just put your factory rims on and then go in for the alignment

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well... bad thing is i just sold my old tires off the stock wheels last week. Do you think they would care that i have diffrent wheels and tires? I went in and got a price for an alignment and it was $89.00 and i didnt want to do that and it not fix the problem.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They can but they want you to take it back to OEM before they will do that. Read the TSB.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You can view the TSB at the link I provided (I added it into the post so maybe you missed it). You get the service performed at a dealership

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wonder if the warranty, reference the Technical Service Bulletin will cover the 2004 model. I read the bulletin and mine has a lot of road noise and growl at low speed stops. Just looking at the tires, they seem ok, but I havent really tried to measure them for different tread depth.
At first I thought it might be the brake pads, but now after reading the TSB, I think its going to be tire feathering......I've got about 11,000 on the stock Bridgestones now...and figured I would hit up the service department when I go in for my next oil change/service. Any suggestions on what to tell them or if I should just hand them a copy of the TSB and ask them to check it out?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You can try bringing the TSB with you, but since it's only for 2003s, they may turn you away (or ask for money). There's a chance you may be able to get away with it if your build date is early enough. But if you have a 2004.5, I doubt you have a chance

·
Registered
909 Posts
They are going to fight with you since it only states 2003 on the TSB, it's worth a try though. I'm on my second set of fronts and a third is on order, unfortunately I've been waiting for two months since they are on back order.

I also had my rears replaced one because they thought it was causing the car to PULL TO THE RIGHT. They came to this conclusion after doing what the TSB says. (It still pulls to the right) :headshake:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts