Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Whoa!
First of all,are you a current owner of either the 350or 370?
Or,are you just shopping around?

Of course,many opinions on your question are subjective. However,there
are some opinions that are based on true fact.
I ask,what will be the purpose or use of the car?
Just a daily driver. Or,do you have an eye on performance?
What about styling?Both cars are reincarnates (especially the 350)of
the original 240Z lineage.
Keep in mind that Nissan(earlier ,Datsun)has a track record of producing a
great original version. Then in following models,weight them down and most
times,add body and styling parts that detract from the original design.

If you are a purist at heart and feel, a bit less than 300hp(maybe 255-260whp)
works(it is pretty peppy),go with the 350Z. You want more and an interior thats
more finished,go with the 370.
I myself have never completely warmed up to the 370.
Of course, I have upgraded my 350 to get about 330whp and added various body
and interior mods to make it look new.

Budget is indeed a factor. Earlier 350's(03-05)can be bought for reasonable prices.
Even though,I'd find one that was unmodded,low mileage.

In summary, the 370 is more finished but does not quite have the look of the original.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
So, you're on a 350Z site and asking which Z is better? That's a pretty predictable answer, don't you think? But here are my reasons why I like the Z33 over the Z34:

-The wheelbase of the 350Z is a few inches longer than the 370Z, and at the cornering limit, is more stable.
-The balance point for the 370Z moves forward slightly and I dislike the feel of the pivot point being directly under the driver's seat.
-Interior material quality is higher in the 370Z, but I prefer the spartan look and feel of the Z33 interior.
-While the rev-match 370Z system works well, I like using my own hard-won rev-matching, heel/toe downshifting skills.
-The analog fuel gauge in the 350Z is better than the hokey digital gas gauge in the 370Z.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whoa!

In summary, the 370 is more finished but does not quite have the look of the original.

Just sayin...
I would argue that the 370z looks more like the 240z than does the 350z. With it's longer front end and shorter back end, the 370z resembles the 240z more than does the 350z with the longer-styled body.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've owned both...My 350 Track version had all the specs...brakes, lap timer, handling, etc... Very happy.. Got a deal I couldn't refuse on the 370...OK, It has way more torque an a bit more horsepower but is set up for "urban" driving. I immediately put a bigger sway-bar on the front to make it feel and handle better. That's about it.........................I miss the 350 Track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts