Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think would be better for the money. A plenum, Crawford or Kinetix, or the 6MT final drive? (I have the 5AT) I can get parts from Nissan cheap so they would be about the same price.

·
Registered
785 Posts
While many may disagree, I find the plenum to be less than noticable. I have never felt a car with the final drive above installed so I dont think it would be fair to comment on it. Hopefully someone can chime in that has done this gear swap on their car.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The final drive thing is a good idea by principle, but as it is, at 70mph the tach's at like 2600RPM.. Thats pretty **** high. They should either place a tall 6th gear, or add a 7th to make the final worth it..

·
Registered
310 Posts
First, I would not recommend the Kinetix plenum. If you are going to get a plenum, get the Crawford cast aluminum plenum.

As for plenum vs. 6MT final drive, I cannot say for certain. My gut tells me the final drive may be better overall. However, keep in mind that you will need an entire pumpkin from an 6MT. There is enough differences in the pumpkin that it only makes sense to get the whole thing. This will significantly raise the price of the mod. Even with a discount, the new pumpkin will cost twice as much as the plenum.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I say get the plenum. I'm not sure what's required to install the final drive, but I'm sure the plenum would be easier to remove if any warranty work is needed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

As far as I know you dont have to swap the entire pumpkin. ZZZYA on my350z did the swap without the pumpkin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
final drive...

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
the FD is a waaay better modification.

It's just more $..

I had a bunch of stuff done to my Z at the same time as the Plenum spacer, so I can't really comment on it's effectiveness by it's lonesome.

But you'll def. FEEL the FD.. you'd have to be dead not too. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts