Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the situation... Winter is coming and the Z will be sitting in the garage.. Good time to put on some new mods for summer time lol.

I already have: (not really mods)... JWT popcharger, grounding kit, 35% tints, clear corners, grille.

I want to stay NA as the Z is enough power for a 16 year old to have!

So I was just thinking should I do exhaust, headers, and test pipes now and get that over with?? Or should I do all the interior and exterior mods first?

basically.. SHOW OR GO?!

Stillen exhaust, stillen headers will be my choice. And I am not sure on wheels and body kit yet...

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You can't really ask people if you should do show or go first. What do you want out of the car?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
For go I would go with Resonated test pipes and your plenum of choice. Prob the 2 best mods you can do for NA power

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 19 2004, 03:42 PM
You can't really ask people if you should do show or go first.  What do you want out of the car?

A little bit of both, just wondering if it is better to show before go money wise.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
personally for me I like how it looks for the most part as it is. I would go more for the performance mods. plus the sound of a good catback really makes a diff :)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by fishbrains@Oct 19 2004, 06:42 PM
A little bit of both, just wondering if it is better to show before go money wise.

If you plan on entering the car in shows next year, then doing the show first is a better idea. Otherwise, I would do the go first

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by fishbrains@Oct 19 2004, 02:56 PM

I want to stay NA as the Z is enough power for a 16 year old to have!

16! holy ****, you could say that again! When I was 16, I had a skateboard, and even that had too much power for me at times!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really don't know what to tell ya, because when I was 16 years old, I try not to get too much attension from cops. If you do any modification at your age, it will automatically becomes attension from all others, including cops.

I guess what I'm saying that "how much tickets do you want?". I don't know you, but 16 years old can be stupid a lot of time, cause I was, kept my self with only 4 tickets (Speeding) but,....

If I was you, small mods out side possible, and int. mods (Seats and so on) maybe??? :shiftdrive:

My first car: 89 Pontiac Station Wagon from my parents, yeah sucks, and it is in past now!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't think he needs to worry about speeding tickets. He isn't even old enough to drive yet. If he is driving, speeding is the least of his concerns. If he's not, he won't be drawing much attention in the driveway

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079@Oct 19 2004, 03:47 PM
For go I would go with Resonated test pipes and your plenum of choice. Prob the 2 best mods you can do for NA power

+1...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 19 2004, 09:55 PM
I don't think he needs to worry about speeding tickets.  He isn't even old enough to drive yet.  If he is driving, speeding is the least of his concerns.  If he's not, he won't be drawing much attention in the driveway

very true.. I dont plan on speeding. Maybe the few burnouts with the brother but thats it .. :hump:

thanks for the ideas...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts