Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
slightly saving gas.. and the ability to down **** to slow down ur car lol my BIGGEST pet peef are those in auto that break every two seconds for do fuckign reason.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
also the ability to rev your car in traffic!! you could do it in the auto but i wouldnt recommend it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
YEh, well, at least my foot doesn't get tired from shifting in traffic...& we've got plenty of that here...

Stick allows you to apply power with more control...which will help in cornering. Shifts are a lot more precise than the sliptronic...

If you're tracking or road racing, go stick. If you're daily driving, touring, the auto would be my choice, just for ease of use.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, I don't have to worry about my foot tiring in traffic. But for me personally, I wish I had gotten a manual. The tiptronic is actually really bad. At least mine is. Oh well. Chaulk it up to another lesson learned

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
sliptron is fine for what I'm doing...touring, mashin around town. I can get in plenny trouble as it is...

I did notice there's a modified valve body for the slipper on the market. If I had that & a '2200 stall', I'd be set for the drags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wait a sec.... I can do a burn out till 3rd gear with my 275 toyo t1s... which I did once and wont do again, I dont believe a manual can do that. and yes you can down shift with the auto-shifter, and in traffic even for a manual to rev they have to hold down the clutch... which is about as much work as poppin the car into neutral

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Well, to get a good burnout with an automatic, you're probably going to need to disconnect the brake fuse. With a manual, you can rev all you want without needing to keep a foot on the brake. You can downshift the automatic, but it doesn't affect your speed any. And stepping on the clutch is a lot different than actually shifting out of gear. Besides, if you drive with the car in manual mode, you need to shift out of manual mode, then shift into neutral. Also, you will notice significant power loss when shifting making the shift

·
Registered
232 Posts
or better yet... if u drive an auto.. pop it into neutral rev it up.. and drop it into drive LMAO!!!!!! but i would highly NOT recommend this way..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Aw man, there's nothing wrong with that. You get to hear the cool sound of your tranny falling all over the ground afterward!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
All sports cars have manual gearboxes. Slushboxes are for fat, lazy old men, soccer moms, and girls.

With a 6MT, you are in CONTROL. With a 5AT, a machine decides when to shift, how to modulate the clutch, etc.

Go to any high performance drivers ed. event at your local racetrack. See how many of the drivers have automatics (answer: NONE).

It's your choice, now that you know the God's honest truth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The way I look at it is like this:

With a manual tranny, you drive the car. With an auto tranny, you get a ride in it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It can lay claim to being a true sports car, not a compromise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts