Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
What parts are you speaking of? That's a BIG area with lots of 'stuff' in there to clean up. If you are talking about a general clean up, I use simple green to degrease and then hose out. I'm sure there is a big how-to on cleaning the engine bay on here somewhere, I'm just not sure where and don't have the time to hunt it down for ya right now. After degreasing I like to treat and protect my hoses/plastic with aerospace 303. Other parts need different products.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Engine Detailing - Nissan 350Z & 370Z Wiki Not sure you want to get this in depth, but here's is a VERY detailed "How to" on engine detailing. I like to treat and protect my hoses/plastic with aerospace protectant 303. Excellent product. Jinxxy's right though, different products for different parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After cleaning, I like to use Stoner's Trim Shine. I spray it on hoses and most colored plastic. Dries in about 30 minutes with a semi-gloss shine. I also use it on tires since it gives it a nice deep black, lasts a long time, and doesn't "fly off" all over the car 30 minutes after I apply it.

Auto stores sell it for like $6 a can, but I order it by the case directly from Stoner for around $2.60 a can. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know the Pep Boys here in Youngstown doesn't carry it, but since the Corporate HQ is in Latrobe, Pa, the Pittsburgh stores might.:)

Here's their main website if ya want to read up on all their products:

www.stonersolutions.com

Or, here's a link if you want to go straight to ordering:

Order Trim Shine vinyl, plastic & rubber protectant DIRECT from Stoner

Every one of their products I've ever used do exactly what they say. I tried the "more shine" for tires, and didn't like it as it left the tire too shiny for my tastes. The trim shine works awesome on tires---a nice deep matte black. I also use it to detail the plastic fender liners as well. I spray all the rubber seals and moldings on the roadster with it too. If you get a little overspray on the paint, just wipe off with a microfiber towel---it cleans up easy with no oily residue.

I used to have a Dodge Stealth TT, and learned about it years ago on the Stealth/3000gt forums. Those cars had a lot of Matte Black trim and if you didn't keep up with it, the trim would weather check and fade to gray quickly. Trim shine took care of that.:wub:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts