Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to lower my z and i want it to be visabllly lower but i dont want to mess up the camber I have an 04.5 if that helps. Also im gonna be putting on the greddy body kit evenually which is a lip kit. Thank you. which springs do you think are best and why also later on im probably gonna get the skonig yellows if that helps

·
Registered
300 Posts
Almost any lowering springs will "mess up" the camber to some degree but the less you go down the less the problem is. In fact many people have had zero noticeable effect from mildly lowering a Z. Mildly being no more than 1.5".

Lots to choose from. For what you need, here are my two suggestions:

Eibach Pro (very common choice) = -1" front, -1.2" rear (approx)
Tanabe (GF is stiffer than NF) = -1" front, -1.2" rear (approx)

Other good choices:

Hotchkis (also great deal if purchased as a kit with sway bars!).
Tein Luxury or S (Luxury has least lowering of any spring I believe).

And there are many others. Just DO NOT buy the slammed versions that lower more than 1.5" or you will have rubbing issues and will scrape your front end constantly etc.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have Eibachs. The 1" drop up front is more than enough to take you out of camber spec. I purchased the Cusco front A-Arms and modified them to provide more camber adjustment. They are easily put back into spec now. Before i had the A-arms, the front tires got destroyed on the inside edge.

The rear can usually be brought back into spec, if not there are aftermarket links as well.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Lots of peeps are using the Eibach Pro kit with happy results!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'm loving the Eibach kit, but I've heard nothing but wonderful apraisals of the Hotchkis kit. If I'm not mistaken, the Hotchkis springs are a little less of a drop.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Is your car a roadster? If so Eibach is the only manufacture with springs specifically built for the roadster.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd say that the hotchkis is the best for "what you pay to what you get" if you want to go all out then go with a full suspension coil over system. D2 makes a great system that allows to adjust the height then set the shock height so you still use all your shock. Then your car will be lower ride better and handle better. I don't know what you want to spend though, the d2 kit will cost about 4 times the cost of just springs, but what do you expect for 32 way adjustables.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts