Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I am wanting to put a screen into my Zed, just above where the standard head unit sits ( you know that little compartment). Just was wondering, has any1 done this before, and also what size screen would actually fit in there. Looking for a screen so that I can eventually hook up, a ps2 or pc to the screen and have an in car pc/dvd/ or ps2, get the idea. Anyways yeah, just if some1 could help me out with what I need, in terms of materials, that would be great. From memory some1 told me a 7inch touchscreen is that ill need, is this accurate.

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Ray do u have the 03? If so, putting a screen there is a good idea, because the nav lid slids back into the dash, and its a **** load cheaper than buying a fold out screen/deck

The US guys tend to use Farenheit screens, but they are crap quality. Id go for an Alpine TME screen, a 7" should fit with a little tweaking, but nothing an installer cant do

Im not sure how ud integrate an in-car pc with the standard deck, ive only ever seen in-car pc's with aftermarket decks with aux inputs/outputs

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is one I found on ebay for like $300 new, 7inch and supposedly good quality, the other one was about the same price I think a bit less.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is one I found on ebay for like $300 new, 7inch and supposedly good quality, the other one was about the same price I think a bit less.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ray get one from Nesa it cost about AU$1000 i think. I have one Fitted on the Nav compartment if you want to check it out first before going into it.

Mine Fit perfectly and looks like stock.

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a $1000 with the sat nav, I have to see it on your car, if I like then most likely I'll get that one, cause I dont want one with a crap quality screen.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
oh also, if you're going for an in-car PC, i think u need a special kind of screen.....SVGA or something like that, a traditional DVD screen wont work, the frequencies/hz are different

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i have been doing alot of Research with the 7" screen. So far the best screen you can fit is made Farenheit (only can get it in USA)

But i found that NESA also have the same Dimension.

AU$1000 never get sat nav lol. Except you get those PDA or the Portable one. Sat nav by VDO you'll be expecting to pay another AU$2500.

cheers
Yun

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That screen actually looks pretty good, where did you get that from?? Cause that site is in the US, did you get it from there or can you source it here??

·
Registered
288 Posts
I sourced from that site, took around 5 days if I remember and cost around AU$430 all up including freight and duties.

Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A friend at Autobarn, quoted me $558 installed, for the 7 inch nesa screen mdl no. NSM-7005. What you think, sounds like a good price to me. Oh yeah and I bought a slimline ps2 today, so should be a hot setup.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now ppl are telling me I need an aftermarket hu, and all this other crap. **** never knew putting a ps2 could be so expensive.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow, it's got a life of its own... I love when I see that!

You can just add the PS2 and screen with a RF modulator if you like. It would certainly get you started. I ran with an MP# player and modulator for about three months while I waited for my HU to go on sale. Then ran the MP3 player to my HU and front speakers, then added an amp, sub and back speakers, then ditched the MP3 player for the computer.

Do what you can afford, as you can afford it as long as you don't mind taking the dash apart a few times, it's no big deal.

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts