Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new Z owner. Was wanting to know what to use on the interior door pannels and dash to clean and shine. I've used Armor All on my prior cars, but the pannels on the Z look different and I was unsure if the Armor All would be the thing to use or not. I'm open to suggestions. This is a great place for information on the Z...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Z! And welcome to this forum!

I use a combo of Meguiar's vinyl protectant (in a spray bottle) and the Armor All wipes. I spray the wipes, then use it to clean the interior panels, seats, etc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
toykilla taught me a good trick and i have been using the "Scrubbling bubbles bathroom cleaner" and it works great!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
There are all types of products out there, it depends upon what type of finish you want on your panels. The door panels are slightly absorbant so whatever you use, spray it on a microfiber towel (or whatever you prefer to clean interior w/ NOT paper towels) and apply it w/ the towel. This will prevent blotchiness. If you spray it directly on the panels, whatever you decide to use, it will leave blotches. If you bought your Z new, then there is really no reason to "deep clean" yet. I'd just wipe down w/ a wet microfiber towel (or other kind of towel) and then apply your protectant or dressing. If it is really dirty, or you bought it used you can use a myriad of cleaners, it's all about how much money you want to spend. For cleaning I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, it works great on scuff marks, dirt etc. Then after that I wipe down w/ a wet towel incase the eraser left any cleaning residue behind. Then my perference in dressings is 303 Aerospace ProtectantIt is designed to protect from UV rays and can be used on lots of things (see web page for product description and uses--there is also a link there for a FREE SAMPLE). I also like the fact that after I apply it, I buff it (wipe it down again) and it gives a nice matte finish. I personally don't like the "wet look" on my interior or in my engine bay (303 works great there too).

But, like I said before, it is really a matter of personal preference! Hope that helped out some.....

For indepth detailing information, go to Autopia.org Sign up, become a member (free) get the e-guide to detailing and have fun!

Also, I shop on Autogeek.net a lot for my detailing products! They have EVERYTHING!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
This may not be popular, but I tried the NXT protectant and buffed it down with a cotton towel to make sure it was even. I did get a little splotchiness, but that is going away as time goes by and as I apply more to it (eventually I think it should be smooth). The plastic came out NOICE. The plastic above the speedo/tach began to SPARKLE when I cleaned it. I didnt notice until I cleaned it but it has little flecks of something that sparkeled. Really cool!

Now as for the rubber in the doors and dash... once I NXT'd it, it came off looking really greasy, but after I buffed it down some, it actually looks a lot like carbon fiber. Slick, but not greasy. I actually found a spot I missed, and after two applications. When I compare that spot to the surrounding areas, I REALLY like it more with NXT, much richer, darker and slicker looking. But at first you do get splotchiness, which I dont like. If I had to do it again, I would in a heartbeat, and I will continue to use it until zI find something better.

wonder how tire spray would work on it. I did tire spray on my speaker surround and it came off looking AMAZING. And since its rubber, it should protect and be safe? Anyone try this?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've always used orange wipes. They are about as simple as you can get and they get into those grooves in the door finish etc. I might give this 303 a try though.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I use the orange wipes for the interior except when I'm in a car show. For this just like Zboy I use NXT Tech Spray. It gives the surface more luster and makes the interior stand out a bit more. It's also easier if you apply it with one of those terry wax applicators. It applies more evenly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like many of the above posts, I also use Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectorant for Vinyl-Rubber-Plastic. I spray it on a clean terri-cloth applicator pad and then apply to the interior surfaces. -- Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wash with a damp microfiber towel. Like many others, I prefer 303 Aerospace Protectant. Don't spray it directly on the doors, dash, etc. Spray some on a soft cloth and wipe it on. If you spray anything directly on the doors, dash or console it will take on a blotchy molted appearance.

Do not use a spray-on "grease" like Armor All.

I don't know about "scrubbing bubbles". That probably has chlorine bleaches in it which is definitely something you don't want on the interior of your Z.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts