Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Why Crawford....I have seen guys getting an additional 60+ HP out of the new kinetix ssv manifold. I haven't seen anything on the crawford. If there is some dyno results on the crawford, please add a link here!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The 60+hp is from the plenum + tune. The other people are getting around 5-15hp (without a retune).

I suggest waiting for the APS intake manifold to come out (NOT the upper intake plenum, these are two different parts), should be promising for the F/I community.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i'd like to see 60hp from the kentix. Plus he asked about the plenum and not the manifold. theres a price difference there. Plus the kentix plenum looks ugly as all get out IMO it looks like batmans body armour or something.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by tonysZ33@Jul 9 2005, 11:34 AM
i'd like to see 60hp from the kentix.  Plus he asked about the plenum and not the manifold.  theres a price difference there.  Plus the kentix plenum looks ugly as all get out IMO it looks like batmans body armour or something.
[snapback]129100[/snapback]​

He is referring to the SSV - the new kinetix plenum, not the old plastic one

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, I do agree the first kinetix plenum does not look that good. But the complete intake from kinetix, the SSV looks great. Yes of course it is more money, but I guess I look at like this.

Crawford plenum $350 5-10hp Looks good

Kinetix plenum $369 5-10hp Looks average

Kinetix SSV complete manifold $820 50+ hp with tuning Looks Awesome

The obvious choice would be the Kinetix SSV complete manifold if your comparing dollars spent to horsepower gained. But everyone has a different budget and goal for their car. If looks are more important than how fast you get there and your on a budget, buy the crawford.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well in a way your right. I do not have one so I am assuming/expecting to see similar results as what others have achieved when installing on a car with a Vortech Supercharger. I would be curious to hear from anyone who does have one. I would also want to know what they have on there car (F/I or N/A). And also if they have dyno'd the car and if they did any additional tuning.

Maybe I will start a post?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts