Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a turbo for my Z and would like to know if there are any other options other than Turbonetics or APS. I've been looking around on different sites and have seen a couple turbos on ebay. Would a garett T28 turbo fit or a Mitusbish TD07-22A Turbocharger? Does the turbo have to be designed specificaly for the Z or are there ways to get different turbos to fit?
My goal is to get a turbo installed at a much better price than 5k plus installation. It's probably wishfull thinking but I can spend half that (WITH INSTILLATION) and I don't really want to piss about getting 10-20 hp doing small mods that I won't be satisfied with. Does anyone know of anyone I could talk to that knows fitting turbos. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
There are a lot of things to go along with a turbo kit. Engine management alone is going to cost you $1k-2500. Intercooler, piping, fuel system upgrades, and custom manifolds are usually going to cost you more than just buying a kit.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Turbos will never cost 10K....stuff will pop up and u will end up paying more.

clutch, brakes, pistons, whatever goes wrong

·
Registered
305 Posts
could always go custom................nothing better than having a one of a kind turbo kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts