Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase a set of Varrstoen Es1, I just don't know what offset I would need. Im looking to get 18x8.5 in the front and the only available is +35, and 18x10.5 in the rear and +22 and +15 are only available for the rear. I don't know much about wheels and tires and I need some help figuring out what I would need and stuff like that. :laugh:
Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I want to purchase a set of Varrstoen Es1, I just don't know what offset I would need. Im looking to get 18x8.5 in the front and the only available is +35, and 18x10.5 in the rear and +22 and +15 are only available for the rear. I don't know much about wheels and tires and I need some help figuring out what I would need and stuff like that. :laugh:
Thanks.

Is there a reason you NEED 8.5s in the front? +35 offset on that wheel will not do you any justice since it's relatively narrow for the room you actually have and the offset is even higher than OEM, meaning that the wheel will be "sunken in" (pulled back away from the fender lip). This not only looks kind of funny (not terrible, just not what most want out of going with a new wheel/tire setup) but it actually takes away from the steering responsiveness and that's something you don't want to do to a great steering car like a Z.

I just looked and this wheel is available in 9.5 +22, a much more performance oriented spec. You don't say if you're lowered or not but this will fit with a 245/40 or 255/40 tire with NO interference stock height or mildly lowered.

For the rear, you can square up the wheels (same size/offset wheel as front) to be conservative OR if you want to go with the same ratio wheel stagger as OE you'd install 18x10.5 +22 (or +30) with a set of 275/40s. The only issue you MIGHT run into (varies by individual car and suspension) is the possibility of fender rub with the +22s but I doubt you'll have any issues. I have run many sets of wheels/tires in varying combinations and anything with offsets above +20 give you plenty of room whether stock height or slightly lowered. (If you're lowered by more than 1", you're on your own. Haha. But honestly, anything lower doesn't buy you anything on the street.) Wasn't until I ran a set of 9.5 +15s did I have to roll my fenders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a reason you NEED 8.5s in the front? +35 offset on that wheel will not do you any justice since it's relatively narrow for the room you actually have and the offset is even higher than OEM, meaning that the wheel will be "sunken in" (pulled back away from the fender lip). This not only looks kind of funny (not terrible, just not what most want out of going with a new wheel/tire setup) but it actually takes away from the steering responsiveness and that's something you don't want to do to a great steering car like a Z.

I just looked and this wheel is available in 9.5 +22, a much more performance oriented spec. You don't say if you're lowered or not but this will fit with a 245/40 or 255/40 tire with NO interference stock height or mildly lowered.

For the rear, you can square up the wheels (same size/offset wheel as front) to be conservative OR if you want to go with the same ratio wheel stagger as OE you'd install 18x10.5 +22 (or +30) with a set of 275/40s. The only issue you MIGHT run into (varies by individual car and suspension) is the possibility of fender rub with the +22s but I doubt you'll have any issues. I have run many sets of wheels/tires in varying combinations and anything with offsets above +20 give you plenty of room whether stock height or slightly lowered. (If you're lowered by more than 1", you're on your own. Haha. But honestly, anything lower doesn't buy you anything on the street.) Wasn't until I ran a set of 9.5 +15s did I have to roll my fenders.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I’m not lowered yet but I’m only planning no more that 2 inches, I just don’t know a thing about wheels so you helped me out a bunch😂.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts