Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of wax you guys and gals use to give 'er the old shine and keep it that way the longest?????? This one guy I met in Wal Mart (he does a lot of car shows) suggested 3M ($35, not bad at all), but I've never used it. Said it was the best "bang for the buck" as far as wax goes. Anybody tried it? What else is good?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
There's a whole section for Show and Shine where we have discussed this in MUCH depth :wink: :lol: :wink: If you do a search (or just look thru that section) I'm sure you can come up w/ a LOT of different answers....it all depends upon many things. What color car you have, what prices you are willing to spend on products, how much time you are willing to spend detailing your car, if you are applying by hand or by machine, whether you want to use a wax (carnuba) which doesn't last long, or if you want to use a hard as a rock polymer product that will last forever etc etc etc.....:blah:

also check out www.autopia.org the detailing forum sent from heaven (or **** depending upon how serious you are about detailing)......

I myself use Zaino products zainostore.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
i put 2 coats of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (liquid wax) and then 1 coat of Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax (paste carnuba wax). Its pretty inexpensive stuff, but does a real good job.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (Targ @ Jul 9 2009, 06:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=579821
i put 2 coats of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (liquid wax) and then 1 coat of Meguiar's Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax (paste carnuba wax). Its pretty inexpensive stuff, but does a real good job.

+1 Meg's is the shiznit. Most if not all of my detailing supplies is Meg's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (Targ @ Jul 9 2009, 06:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=579821
+1, with the Cleaner used only occasionally. Am considering trying the clay bars (also Meguiar's).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replies. I'll check some of this stuff out, as well as give the section a big read. :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (Aust350z @ Jul 9 2009, 09:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=579922
The secret to great shine is the prep work (claying/polishing).
+1

Don't forget regular maintenance. As long as you keep the car clean on a regular basis, it gets easier and lasts longer. Also, never wash detail the car in direct sunlight on a hot day or wash it if the surface of the car is really hot.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I used this today. I love looking at the reflection from an angle as I wipe the surface clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been using Optimum products for a while now and really like them. I use their finish polish followed by their Opti-Seal 8 and then their spray car wax. The shine and depth are great and the price point is not a rip-off like so many others.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I normally use mothers "phase 2" sealant and mothers "phase 3" pure carnuba paste wax. I like what it does to my DB color. Really deepens it.

But if I am going on a road trip where durability / protection is my primary concern I use something like the meguiars nxt.

It goes on easy and holds up pretty well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts